triumph...

I have ALWAYS wanted to do a thrash version of "Rock and Roll machine".
Pantera used to do Triumph covers back in the club days. Terry Glaze sang that stuff great.
Triumph were the nice/good/clean guys in those days. But damn if they didn't put on a great show.

Lived in Toronto for awhile. Triumph are awesome. Even met Gil Moore at Metalworx Studio. My first concert was Allied Forces tour in Cobo Hall, Detroit.

Triumph were a great band. Such talent. That side two of their albums always had some really interesting material, while side one was quality straight-forward rock music. Good all around. Fun to cruise around too, drink too. (....or all too frequently both at the time...don't do this!)

That band was unbelievable . I think for awhile they might have been self managed which probably really didn't help . Rik Emmet still has sick chops on some of the more recent Youtube videos . Recent being in recent years.

I'm really surprised they haven't gone out on tour with like a classic rock festival type line up but I actually think they are more in tune with the pathetic state of the live music business right now .

Maybe Rik could give Don Dokken , Jon Bon Jovi, Mark Slaughter , Steven Pearcy .................. singing lessons !!!!! Oh and let's not forget Vince Neil !!! LOL

Great band! Always wanted to learn “Midsummers Daydream” one of the best acoustic instrumentals in my opinion.

Back