flying V advice needed....

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
never played one but have always wanted one. I've been a diehard les paul guy all my life. I also love sg's. I know it's nothing like those but I can't see how I can go wrong. Can't gel with anything longer than 24 3/4" scale and I always revert back to Gibson. sad I know...lol Should I take the plunge or not?

Like you I've always been a LesPaul guy.. got my first Gibson LP classic 2 years ago and been my number one guitar ever since... But every now and then I'll bring out the Gibson V and jam out on it. It definitely feels and sounds different.

I'd say for having a variety, go for it.

PXL_20210930_204326818.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know --I 've owned everything Gibson and still do but those things are awkward and you can only play them standing up . Even then you have to put the Schenker brothers move and stuff them between your legs They do sound good but not any better than my Explorers. It's amazing but in 40 years of playing I have never owned one . I still have my beat to hell 78 Explorer I bought new though !

I don't know --I 've owned everything Gibson and still do but those things are awkward and you can only play them standing up . Even then you have to put the Schenker brothers move and stuff them between your legs They do sound good but not any better than my Explorers. It's amazing but in 40 years of playing I have never owned one . I still have my beat to hell 78 Explorer I bought new though !
dude-I have never played an explorer either. sad-I know.

Yes. I love playing a V. It feels so natural to rock the fuck out on a V. It tips and twists and points so easily, that you have to that it in every direction. It's not just a guitar shape, it's a lifestyle!
you sir have me convinced....

Played and own only V's...there is no other but I always found the gibson clunky. I did play one that was a custom shop and that was far different, amazing. You have to live with it and it will never let you down. Sitting, standing or even laying down is no problem, just relax and play.

I love king Vs and rhoads. Basically, everything is out of the way when standing. no horns to work around. sitting is more natural with a rhoads if you can play at a 45 degree angle. with a king it is more vertical. sitting. V is definitely my favorite. You can play up the neck like you wouldn't believe compared to the lp.

Reactions: Geo
I've owned 2 Gibsons. Been looking for another on and off for about a year, but prices have gotten ridiculous.

They are the most comfortable to play standing up with the best upper get access I've found. Always wanted a Gibby V but haven't come across one when I've had the money yet. Love me some USA Jackson and MIJ ESP V's.

Back