Mark 2C+ modern metal tones

Got my Quad off GC Used a few years ago (pre-Covid) for what I thought was a fair price that was below 1K. Honestly I wouldn’t sell it for twice that which they are more than twice that now. It just gets a sound that I don’t get out of my MKV. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had the V for a long time and it isn’t going anywhere but the Quad is the real deal for that super juicy but mean 80’s Mark tone. Plus I really like the sound of the clean setting with the gain maxed. Has great rock tones as well as metal.

Got my Quad off GC Used a few years ago (pre-Covid) for what I thought was a fair price that was below 1K. Honestly I wouldn’t sell it for twice that which they are more than twice that now. It just gets a sound that I don’t get out of my MKV. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve had the V for a long time and it isn’t going anywhere but the Quad is the real deal for that super juicy but mean 80’s Mark tone. Plus I really like the sound of the clean setting with the gain maxed. Has great rock tones as well as metal.
Its awesome. I still have mine. How do you run it? Ive sound this happy place on channel 1 where I can get the amazing cleans and the Mega crunch (although I have to run a boost pedal).

For Channel 2 I run rythym 2 a little darker but pretty clean, which lends itself well to pedals. And then you can always flip in Lead 2 for the singing leads when you want.

I run mine into a 3:95 poweramp, which I have EL34s in the outer slots, and which I can switch in on their own. Its a hoot.

Its awesome. I still have mine. How do you run it? Ive sound this happy place on channel 1 where I can get the amazing cleans and the Mega crunch (although I have to run a boost pedal).

For Channel 2 I run rythym 2 a little darker but pretty clean, which lends itself well to pedals. And then you can always flip in Lead 2 for the singing leads when you want.

I run mine into a 3:95 poweramp, which I have EL34s in the outer slots, and which I can switch in on their own. Its a hoot.
CH1 pre on 8, pulled Treble (I think) at least 8, mids in middle somewhere, but pulled for deep (they don’t really have much effect), bass fairly low, lead drive is at 3. Graphic V shape varies depending on guitar. It has a shit ton of gain, don’t need the lead drive all that high. I haven’t bothered trying to get a setting where I can switch from a great clean to dirt in CH1 because I”d rather just roll of the volume on my guitar. Sometimes I set CH 1 to be moderately dirty so volume roll off gets real clean and I use CH2 for the filth. CH2 has more gain, so even just on the rhythm setting it’s a hard rockin’ beast with the pre on 6-7.
Because I use my MKV (on CH3) as power, I can get big changes in low end response just by picking between the II, IV and Extreme voicing. Extreme is huge so the graphic in the Quad doesn’t need to be that high on the lows for the heavies. All in all, very versatile setup.

Back