Soldano mini sounds decent! Leon Todd demo

gbsmusic

Ok, who's got one on the way or who's received one and what are your thoughts? To edit this Leon makes everything sound fantastic that's why I asked who has one already because I'd like to know the thoughts here.

Last edited:
At first I thought he dyed his hair pink, then realized it was the lighting when I saw the color shining on his face LOL

Those little mini heads are kinda nifty and sound pretty good, but to me they're like those Joyo Bantamps or Tone-ho micro something or others. A fun little novelty that wears off pretty quickly. I'd rather spend money on something else. I think liquor was mentioned as a good alternative. :D

i just got one, i REALLY like it, like way more than i thought i would.
its legit lil backup and a fun toy/tool

its blues to metal, no "real" cleans to be found.

its NOT meant to compete with a real SLO but put you in the tonal ballpark for cheap. take a look at thread on TGP to find some user demos (not the pro ones) and hear what its like in the room w an iphone mic.

for 250$ im super happy

i just got one, i REALLY like it, like way more than i thought i would.
its legit lil backup and a fun toy/tool

its blues to metal, no "real" cleans to be found.

its NOT meant to compete with a real SLO but put you in the tonal ballpark for cheap. take a look at thread on TGP to find some user demos (not the pro ones) and hear what its like in the room w an iphone mic.

for 250$ im super happy
What kind of cabinet and what speaker are you using with it, thanks for the review

What kind of cabinet and what speaker are you using with it, thanks for the review
yesterday - the vox 1x8 cab that was designed for their mini solid state amps x - its in my living room and takes up little space

tonight - old closed back 1x12 w v30

could one get a new katana at this price? sure. but i really prefer the simple is better approach such as this amp. and i never got my katana to sound like a SLO, which is one of my fav tones,

was playing some AIC, Tool and some def leppard riffs while i watched the finals tonight and it didnt disappoint

yesterday - the vox 1x8 cab that was designed for their mini solid state amps x - its in my living room and takes up little space

tonight - old closed back 1x12 w v30

could one get a new katana at this price? sure. but i really prefer the simple is better approach such as this amp. and i never got my katana to sound like a SLO, which is one of my fav tones,

was playing some AIC, Tool and some def leppard riffs while i watched the finals tonight and it didnt disappoint
Right on, very cool!

Sounds pretty damn good. And it made LT almost instantly go stankface so it's got that going for it.

All these guys demo'ing the same gear. Gets old. But it still doesn't impress me. I know we all want it to impress us but listen to your inner voice. It simply doesn't do it. Do yourself a favour and swipe left on this one.

Soldano should of made an all tube 1 watt like the below models .

Capture.JPG

https://marshall.com/live-for-music/history/50-years-in-the-making

These 1/5 watt amps is fucking stupid, buy an acoustic
Really ? The # 1 complaint by guitarists on EVERY forum is that their amps are way way too loud for bedroom jamming without waking up the entire house .

They don't want to buy an amp that that requires an attenuator just to keep volume levels in check , they want an amp that you can crank and still have controllable volume levels and there is no better than 1 watt amps except the current DSL 1 watt because that one sucks and is a shell of the below amps .

Marshall would sell millions year in year out if they made these year round stock items . Guitarists would have a choice of the JTM, JMP, JCM 800 , JCM 2000 and JVM 1 watt in head and combo versions.

Don't think they sound amazing ? Listen to the below which is the sound of a JMP Plexi 1 watt . Second half of video is the JCM 800 1 watt.

Back