Pink Taco V2

I just got mine and it exceeds expectations. In fact, the filthy tones--with the Structure switch up and the Sat circuit engaged--may be my favorite from a Friedman so far, at any price. (Note: I have not played either of the BE Deluxe models.)

The amp can be very tight and angry-sounding, the clarity is fantastic, and the feel under the fingers is unbeatable. Highly recommended.

I just got mine and it exceeds expectations. In fact, the filthy tones--with the Structure switch up and the Sat circuit engaged--may be my favorite from a Friedman so far, at any price. (Note: I have not played either of the BE Deluxe models.)

The amp can be very tight and angry-sounding, the clarity is fantastic, and the feel under the fingers is unbeatable. Highly recommended.
Sounds like it might even have some upper mid clarity??

Believe it or not this dude is getting these tones at TV volume levels . If Marshall made the JMP 1 watt and JCM 800 1 watt a year round stock item they would sell tens of millions year in year out . If Friedman did a 1 watt version he would sell millions also . No need for an expensive attenuator and these sound absolutely killer plugged into a larger cab.

NOW FOR THE MOST AMAZING PART , LISTEN FOR YOURSELF .

Check out how "Running with the devil" sounds on this JMP 1 WATT AMP .

Now check out "Jamies Crying" and "Dance the night away" on the same JMP 1 watt amp

That sounds promising.

I own a smallbox and im not really in love with it. The BE channel is kinda wooly and lacking in upper mids.

My 2204’s get all my attention.
I was thinking the same thing when I read his post.. it sounds like it might be more like a nice, bright JCM. I prefer bright amps.

Believe it or not this dude is getting these tones at TV volume levels . If Marshall made the JMP 1 watt and JCM 800 1 watt a year round stock item they would sell tens of millions year in year out . If Friedman did a 1 watt version he would sell millions also . No need for an expensive attenuator and these sound absolutely killer plugged into a larger cab.

NOW FOR THE MOST AMAZING PART , LISTEN FOR YOURSELF .

Check out how "Running with the devil" sounds on this JMP 1 WATT AMP .

Now check out "Jamies Crying" and "Dance the night away" on the same JMP 1 watt amp

I bought a JCM1 clone about 5 years ago and in the home office where I play, it sounds better than my 2204 at both high and low home volumes. It has more thump, etc. because I can get the MV where it needs to be.

I would think Marshall could make and sell these for not much more than the DSL1

Reactions: ccn
I want one of these bad. I played a MKI version a while back and loved it.

I preferred it to the JJ Jr. The darker/rounded edges were better suited to my playing style.

This new revision sounds like it made the amp a bit more versatile as far as being able to get a greater variety of tones.

Sounds good! I took the plunge too, and ordered one today. Should have it next week!

In the Friedman Facebook Group seems like at least 4 users are returning their PT V2 already.

Seems it's new voicing isn't everybodys flavour.

I was going to snatch one, but here in Europe is 2000€, which IMO is a bit too much for a 20 watt single channel amp.

In the Friedman Facebook Group seems like at least 4 users are returning their PT V2 already.

I was going to snatch one, but here in Europe is 2000€, which IMO is a bit too much for a 20 watt single channel amp.
Well you’re never going to please everyone

Did they say why they were returning it?

Back