Megadeth Rust in Peace Guitars only.

Tell that to all the records that sound beyond real.

Correlation is not causation. The only people who rave about tape are people who have never even used it. If you talk to any engineer today doing metal especially , that also mixed on tape, they will tell you the same thing. Hell sneap just did an interview with that booger eater glenn fricker talking all about this. Vastly overrated. Those records sound good for a number of reasons and tape is not as high on the list as people think. But at the same time, I agree records don’t sound as good today as they used to. Ironically the things people supposedly think they love about tape are exactly the things those guys wanted to get away from when that’s all they had.

Correlation is not causation. The only people who rave about tape are people who have never even used it. If you talk to any engineer today doing metal especially , that also mixed on tape, they will tell you the same thing. Hell sneap just did an interview with that booger eater glenn fricker talking all about this. Vastly overrated. Those records sound good for a number of reasons and tape is not as high on the list as people think. But at the same time, I agree records don’t sound as good today as they used to. Ironically the things people supposedly think they love about tape are exactly the things those guys wanted to get away from when that’s all they had.
Well " tape" may be a myth, but the analog boards they went through sure as shit aren't.. I have a cheap analog ramsa and everything sounds better just going through that. Imagine these guys going through the gear they did. We live in good times now though. Recording, layering, editing. Then sprinkle what analog gear you want on there to taste.

Well " tape" may be a myth, but the analog boards they went through sure as shit aren't.. I have a cheap analog ramsa and everything sounds better just going through that. Imagine these guys going through the gear they did. We live in good times now though. Recording, layering, editing. Then sprinkle what analog gear you want on there to taste.

I agree completely. The analog side of things other than tape, are definitely not overrated. As good as plugins are ( and they are amazing, it’s pretty undeniable) analog gear still wins for pure sonics.

Last edited:
Chris was a tortured soul. I always wondered why he didn't leave a suicide note, then it dawned on me that he was leaving them all along in his lyrics. Many people don't believe he took his own life. I sometimes wonder myself...

In my opinion he had a voice of the Gods. He was a poet and a conduit as well.
Not quite sure what he was "supposed" to look like. The look and aura he had reminds me of a wolf.
Just my 2 cents...
It's either suicide or he was jerking off while choking himself. This happens more than we think...I remember a hockey player "committing suicide" and the word on the street from the police vs the one the press released were very far apart. I trust the guys who were on the scene. It is just taboo and embarrassing to talk about so sometimes it defaults to depression because it is such a major screw up. That said depression is real and people do hang themselves...but some of these cases are truly odd. ( caradine)

It's either suicide or he was jerking off while choking himself. This happens more than we think...I remember a hockey player "committing suicide" and the word on the street from the police vs the one the press released were very far apart. I trust the guys who were on the scene. It is just taboo and embarrassing to talk about so sometimes it defaults to depression because it is such a major screw up. That said depression is real and people do hang themselves...but some of these cases are truly odd. ( caradine)
Truly a sad deal! We all have our demons to face in this life...

Chris who?

All my favorite tones were recorded to tape. A lot of that was the era. BUT, there is a subtle effect of cohesiveness I can’t put my finger on. Nothing clashes it’s just glued together nicely.

All my favorite tones were recorded to tape. A lot of that was the era. BUT, there is a subtle effect of cohesiveness I can’t put my finger on. Nothing clashes it’s just glued together nicely.
That's not the tape doing that, that's the analog board. It glues mixes together. Tape may add to the smoothness but the heavy lifting has already been done by the board. But to be fair, there is a reason a lot of digital guys use these tape plugins and that usually is because they aren't going through an analog console. I saw recently that Malmsteen does this for example. But they do add a noticeable effect.

Back