I did something really bold today to one of my guitars

BRENTrocks

I love Firebirds. But I hate mini humbuckers.

So I was playing my Firebird today and I thought to myself…”self, this guitar would sound killer with a Duncan JB in the bridge!”

I pulled out the bridge pickup and started doing some figuring and planning and decided to go for it!!

The good thing was that the mini hum route is the same width as a regular humbucker. So I just make it a little longer.

It actually wasn’t too hard. I used one of those vibrating cutting tools and my Dremel.

It turned out perfect. I even impressed myself. Lol.

Now this Bird is a Bad Ass!!!

4AFC0F56-8D1D-43E1-AB4E-05A9D2E096BF.jpeg

E6117241-2883-4C96-8375-807FC101364E.jpeg
40CFE23C-AACF-4940-A259-7DA2E5A8618B.jpeg
7BFB1861-1B90-437B-9E4F-B1516F6DFBDC.jpeg
624698CE-8BB0-46A6-83AB-37A0B1F444DC.jpeg
328920F4-4221-4A13-95C6-BB0BE102D665.jpeg
0C9C1889-511C-4ECA-800C-16F675B0074D.jpeg

I get why you did it but you were crazy to do that to THAT guitar but you're from Michigan so I understand . That was common practice doing that to the Les Paul deluxe models in the 70's that came with mini humbuckers. I have the same Firebird LOL !

kick ass! i did a thing similar a couple of years ago. I have an ugly Highway 1 strat. very underrated guitar, fantastic neck, rigged it up with HSS, super versatile rig. With the thin finish, it shows wear and honestly it wasn't something I thought I'd trade. I wanted a little better access and really like the asymmetric neck joint Fender does, so I went to Reverb, bought the asymmetric neck plate. Took off the neck, used the new plate as a template, jig-saw, sander, and voila! Massive improvement to upper access.

I get why you did it but you were crazy to do that to THAT guitar but you're from Michigan so I understand . That was common practice doing that to the Les Paul deluxe models in the 70's that came with mini humbuckers. I have the same Firebird LOL !
WHAT DOES BEING FROM MICHIGAN HAVE TO DO WITH IT? LOL:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

It looked great until I saw that Michigan plate………lol. Yeah, I’m in Ohio and you guys completely crushed us! Georgia will do the same. Our defense is weak and our QB is afraid to run. Hope you win the National title.

this is true about the lp deluxe's....ask me how I know this.....

Back