Mesa Boogie - Current Market Buzz?

They sure fucked up the website.
Not a single new amp SKU from the looks of it.
Looks like all the same pedals and cabs too.
Seems like Gibson has that " Magic Caca" touch .... everything they touch turns to 💩👍
Gibson new motto ...
" PLAY PATHETIC "

I'm getting excited for a new Mark series as well. I just have a feeling that it's going to be expensive though.
Probably $3500. You can get a new mark series or a Marshall JCM800 reissue. Not sure why Marshall felt like that's a justified price but I guess there is a market

Gibson acquisition of Mesa Boogie, is going to make people go to Amp Modeling .
@Diary of a Axeman it seems like that's the direction of the entire industry. If you're a player in the game you have to have some presence in that niche. A lot of people are using modelers live due to convenience. But I've yet to meet a modeler that can nail the "in the room" tone/feel.

Man.. I would love a mark series that has the badlander type format where you can assign the channels. Honestly though I'm just excited for a new Mark series. I haven't tried a V or JP2C but this just means I can skip those two.
@ClintN667 they hit it out of the park with the JP-2C. It is simple enough and once dialed in it sounds good.

Is it the best sounding Mark, nope. Is it damn good and feature rich for gigging or jamming, yes.

I've yet to try a Mark V. Sometimes Mesa gets a little too lost with gizmos and gadgets.

I feel they toned it down with the JP-2C and focused more on trying to modernize & capture the spirit of IIC+.

If they're rolling something new out and if it is a Mark, it'll be interesting to see how they out do it.

The last couple of days Mesa has been asking people so sign up for their email list about new designs and making Mark series posts on Facebook. I suspect we will see a part III (Mark III), part IV, part V and finally part VI. The posts started yesterday so post VI would be Monday.

another observation….. Monday is March VI

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 4.20.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 4.11.50 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 4.13.24 PM.png

Last edited:
@Diary of a Axeman it seems like that's the direction of the entire industry. If you're a player in the game you have to have some presence in that niche. A lot of people are using modelers live due to convenience. But I've yet to meet a modeler that can nail the "in the room" tone/feel.
Agreed.
Computer chips and algorithms can't replicate the juicy tones of a primitive carbon burning in a tube.

That's why I sidelined my Eleven Rack for my older Digitech 2112 SGS , that has two 12ax7 tubes .

@ClintN667 they hit it out of the park with the JP-2C. It is simple enough and once dialed in it sounds good.

Is it the best sounding Mark, nope. Is it damn good and feature rich for gigging or jamming, yes.

I've yet to try a Mark V. Sometimes Mesa gets a little too lost with gizmos and gadgets.

I feel they toned it down with the JP-2C and focused more on trying to modernize & capture the spirit of IIC+.

If they're rolling something new out and if it is a Mark, it'll be interesting to see how they out do it.
I've contemplated a JP2C several times a IIc+ is out of my price range and I've heard mixed reviews of the V but people I know personally seemed to dig the JP2C. I'm hoping they knock it out of the park.

The badlander was pretty cool but it didn't have enough saturation for my taste when I tried it. I do like the amp features though. So I would like to see similar features as a Mark series

I've contemplated a JP2C several times a IIc+ is out of my price range and I've heard mixed reviews of the V but people I know personally seemed to dig the JP2C. I'm hoping they knock it out of the park.

The badlander was pretty cool but it didn't have enough saturation for my taste when I tried it. I do like the amp features though. So I would like to see similar features as a Mark series
@ClintN667 well said. I recently got a Badlander and am getting ready to sell it. Same thing with the Triple Crown 100, which I like more than the Badlander.

Cool amps but I feel I already have other amps which cover that territory. Also the JP-2C is a bit of a different beast, but I really like it.

I tend to shy away from the modern Mesa’s due to crowded chassis’s with PCB’s on top of PCB’s. They also tend to sound a little compressed/polished vs their older counterparts.

If you’re after the IIC+ tone you’ll want to checkout the JP-2C. Is it as good as the IIC+ or ++? That’s subjective and IMHO, no. Is it more flexible with all of its modern bells & whistles and inspirational to play, ABSOLUTELY!

With all that said, I’d still wait to see what all the commotion/rumor is about on this potential new Mesa amp. Hope this helps., rant over 🤣.

On its own the Badlander isn’t the most saturated amp, but it responds to boosts beautifully (especially my Fortin TS808 & Tamura modded TS’s). Gets very nasty with those boosting it and more than enough saturation as I’d ever need, but I agree on its own not the case

I’d shit myself if the mark 6 was a quad with a coli power section all in one. Really hope whatever they release is more basic than the mark 5 and jp2c in terms of features. Marks are already a pain to dial in.

I’d shit myself if the mark 6 was a quad with a coli power section all in one. Really hope whatever they release is more basic than the mark 5 and jp2c in terms of features. Marks are already a pain to dial in.
Yes very strange to me that Mesa still made triples all these years for the recto series, but no coli’s in the mark series. Even a coli JP2C or Mark V would be pretty cool for a lot guys I’d think

Yes very strange to me that Mesa still made triples all these years for the recto series, but no coli’s in the mark series. Even a coli JP2C or Mark V would be pretty cool for a lot guys I’d think
That’s a good point, I forgot about the triple Rec. Even a limited run would be sweet given the crazy prices and scarcity of the mark 2/3 coli’s.

So, on the gear page, multiple people are insisting they have inside info and that Mesa is going to be releasing the Mark VII, not the Mark VI.

We’ll see if they skip a number. I can’t imagine how it would be a good idea for Mesa to do that, but there you go. That’s the rumor.

Back