Why I Dislike Gibson (WARNING OPINION!)

The Gibson lifestyle stuff is hilarious but it’s easy to just laugh off and ignore.

The Henry J era is responsible for some of the ugliest designs ever created (reverse Flying V and reverse Explorer). QC was abysmal his final few years.

The pricing structure the last 4 years have been laughable. Seems like them and PRS are in a war with one another to see who can outclass each other with their “high end” prices.

Personally, other than that, they are iconic and I love their stuff.

I hate Fords and I love Chevys. I like Miller and hate Budweiser. I like American League baseball and hate National League baseball. I smoke camel cigarettes, and hate Marlboro. I’ll eat a whopper but not a big Mac. I hate big Macs. I wear an Adidas sneakers and hate Nike. I only used Titleist golf balls, never Calloways or top flights, I hate Topflite golf balls. I am a troll and I hate trolls.

I love my Gibsons but I certainly don’t mind if someone hates them. Tons of other options so play the ones you like vs letting Gibson live rent free in your head IMO.

I'll continue to love the Gibson guitars I've had and still have in my possession. I'm an equal opportunity player. In addition to (4) Gibson's, I have (2) ESP LTD, (2) Epiphone, and (3) Schecter guitars. If a guitar plays, looks, and sounds good, why not? It's not as though we're getting payed to play a certain brand of guitar. Every brand could potentially be shit-talked. Play what works for you.

The day I was finally able to afford my first, brand new Les Paul will always be a special memory.
Now I have 2, and SG, Explorer and ES-335. You gotta run the racks, super inconsistent, but the good ones are the best guitars I've played.

OP, thanks for your unsolicited opinion, but you do know that your thread will just result in arguments? “I hate…” threads never bode well.

Why have such dislike on gibson? They are expensive I agree but once you get into the game of appreciating it, there is no turning back...

I got mine all used on a 2001 Black beauty love it immediately it just sound different from other guitars out there... and fast forward today I got myself an R8 2008 production and I love it every bit more than my BB... the look ,the touch , the sound...

Get a used and mint ones, and you will find yourself some love towards the Gibsons... else if you like a more modern ones try a Heritage H150...

I think they are priced pretty stupid but I like the ones I got. I get why they are hated. I think the next gen guitarist will care less about them and the next gen after that will care even less. Then again i'm not a fan of what is considered modern, such as headless, tiny little ass bodies or super pointed ass shit lol. Prefer a LP or an Explorer any day.

OP, thanks for your unsolicited opinion, but you do know that your thread will just result in arguments? “I hate…” threads never bode well.
Nothing wrong with hate, it's a valid emotion and exists in reality.

Hate to say it but Gibson’s prices don’t look so bad when you look at a lot of other brands. Everybody’s prices are nuts right now. Eastman’s made in China are over 2K and even though they are pretty good, they are not as good in sound or feel as a Gibson from the A/B playing I’ve done in a store. I’ve played nothing but Gibson’s since the 90’s and they just work for me. Granted I’ve only bought new once and that was a LP standard in ‘92 for a whopping $900. I actually would have been down for buying a new 50’s neck standard before the recent price hike but don’t care for the little frets they use.
Actually been looking at Heritage lately but they also use a fret smaller than I like. Just not going to pay that much for a guitar that II’ll need to re-fret to enjoy. I always thought the satin Tributes were great LP’s for the money when they were sneaking in under 1K.

1, Worst in inconsistency at high end models - for 5000 USD the guitar must be perfect

2, Every Year little closest to Holy Grail 1959 Burst - acc my calculation in this tempo we need only 100 years to acchive the perfect burst replica.

3, Too much marketing BS - for expl. signature guitar of signature guitar of signature guitar of signature guitar = KH Greeny, and only 50 K.

Back