Fedex are fuckers

ClintN667

I was hoping to have a NAD on Friday. Delayed until Monday. No big deal.. Amp was supposed to be delivered between 11a.m. and 3 today. 1:30 I called them l and they proceeded to tell me "it will be there by the end of the business day". I knew the was B.S. cause it wasn't even loaded on the truck for delivery. Called again close to 5pm and they tried to feed me the same B.S. I finally said how is that going to happen when it's not even on the truck? They then said "oh it has one more stop and it will be there tomorrow".

Fuckers didn't just receive that info so the first person I spoke to was just trying to get me off the phone. At least UPS will actually look for you. Too bad that they are more likely to damage your shit. As of now delivery is pending...

I try not to be impatient just sucks when your shit is sitting in your town for 4 days, 5 minutes down the road but they won't let you pick it up until they try to deliver it.

Rbb4kudl.jpg

Two months ago, they delivered my new mirrorless camera to the wrong address. It took nearly 3 weeks for them to decide it was their fault, and settle up so the place I bought it from could send me another one.

I was pretty happy with the customer service from the camera shop through the whole ordeal, so I decided to order a lens from them after the camera finally arrived. Fedex delivered that one to the wrong place as well.

They're consistently the worst of the three (UPS & USPS) where I live. My local FedEx drivers started taking pics (package by the front door) to prove delivery and attaching them to the tracking. Didn't mean they would then actually deliver to the right place, but thanks to the pics I could track down where my packages were mis-delivered to. 🤡

I tried to do that with both of these packages, none of the houses nearby matched the photos they sent of wherever my stuff was sitting.

They actually retrieved the lens, and delivered it nearly a month later, when I was out of town on the trip I'd purchased it for. Thankfully I found a local guy selling one just before we left.

USPS and FedEx can be a hit/miss for us here but I have definitely hated UPS for many years.

I have MANY stories of UPS fails and inconveniences.

I still cringe every time I picture coming home to a crushed box on the concrete directly in front of my door.

They had just tossed a Marshall EL34 100/100 onto the concrete then left it sitting there.

The right rack ears were bent pretty badly and I never did find what was rattling around inside the power amp 😂

My last two FuckEx deliveries were late. One by 2 days, one by a full day. Their customer service is a joke. If the app says our for delivery, the agent will literally just tell you that it says out for delivery and it will get to you by end of day. Didn’t matter that I told her it’s been out for delivery for two days. That one pissed me off because it was signature required. Next time I’ll just choose the local Walgreens as destination and can sign for shit there once it’s dropped off. Never wasting my damn time like that again.

I prefer ups for my area. Only because our ups lady is awesome. If it gets to her ok it will get to me ok.

Our fedex guys are almost always someone different each time, and some of them won't bring it up our porch steps to sit it by the door, they just leave it on the steps where it can catch a good downpour if I'm not home.

USPS is also unpredictable here. Depends who runs the route that day. Sometimes they will cram medium-size boxes in my small mailbox, other times it is on the stairs in the rain, other times they will honk and if I don't hear them they will just save it for tomorrow. One dude even marked it delivered and held it until the next day, simply becuase he was running late I suspect.

Yeah their customer service will basically tell you the same thing on the website and according to the automated line that is all they know. That to me seems a bit wrong.

Anyway checked my tracking this morning and now it is somehow in Columbia S.C. after being in my city for 4 days (Charlotte N.C.).

Meanwhile they increase rates and blame it on fuel costs while they do shit like this.

I had tube amp (1x12 combo) that I purchased on Reverb; seller sent it with signature required. First day it was due to be delivered, they said I wasn't home (I was; all day), they would attempt to deliver tomorrow. Tomorrow comes, same thing. After the third attempt, the send the item back to the seller/sender.

I'm going to get my kid from school, and I see a FedEx truck, and I follow it to its' next stop. I ask the driver, give him the tracking number, my name and address. What do you know, my amp is on the truck. I don't say anything because I didn't want them to "accidentally" drop it off the truck. I go to the back of the truck, take it off the truck myself.

Once I get it in my car, I go back to the driver and start asking questions. He had nothing to say, not even sorry. I called FedEx and they did nothing.

When possible, I asked for UPS. UPS is just as bad, they completely destroyed a Randall RG-1503-212 combo. Box was ripped in several places, large holes, footswitch gone, 2 of 4 wheels completely sheered off, one completely bent that it can't be removed from the mount; and the cabinet was cracked through in 2 places. Seller refunded my money, and had to fight with UPS to get them to pay the insurance. Luckily, I took many pictures of the box and the amp which helped him get his money back

Seller was a young guy, said it was his first good amp, and in the pics it looked brand new, and where it wasn't damaged, it was in great condition before UPS.

From the UPS Custom Shop:
IMG_0382.JPG

Both sides of the amp are cracked through just above the speakers, below the amp section:

IMG_0383.JPG

Amp works, and somehow the power cord didn't get lost. I may see if I can reinforce where it's cracked and just take the bent wheels off. Haven't looked for the OEM footswitch in awhile either.

Last edited:
They make it tough to buy and sell used equipment.

As much as it sucks, it it ain't local, I am not going to buy it.

Reactions: rsm
They make it tough to buy and sell used equipment.

As much as it sucks, it it ain't local, I am not going to buy it.
When I sell on Reverb, I always use their shipping, signature required, and insured or sell local pickup only, and try to pack it well, and take pictures of my item packed before sealing the box. If I buy something new, I usually keep the original shipping boxes / materials and use them if I sell it.

I prefer FedEx, I've always had MUCH better luck with earlier deliveries in the day, better condition, etc. When I sell stuff, I always take pics of me while I'm packing it, the box after it's packed and taped up with their address, and pictures of me in front of the depot with the box condition and I send them all to the buyer with the tracking number so they can see what condition it was in when it left my hands. Not that it'll really matter if the shipper decides to play soccer with it, but it's something I like to do.

FedEx has become complete shit in my area. Their tracking system is shit and estimates are always wrong. They routinely fail to deliver things when it says they are “out for delivery” and the drivers just put bullshit reasons like “business closed for the day” when this is a residence.

The couple UPS guys who handle our area by comparison are awesome, and generally speaking UPS’ tracking is better and their estimates more accurate. I basically never get damaged packages from them, while I get busted up shit from FedEx all the damn time.

They are all hit and miss, depending upon where you live.
Up north of the border, DHL is considered the worst.

However, UPS has become runner up of the year for me.

I ordered 4 winter tires back in November from Tire Rack (who were great to deal with, btw!)
They were shipped through UPS. 2 of the tires sent were the wrong size as my order got crossed with someone else's.
They ship all 4 tires separately as they don't box them for obvious reasons.

I refused 2 of the tires.
Those 2 tires kept trying to be delivered to me for the next 4 weeks....LOL. I refused them each time and even had the driver call his supervisor to verify.

Finally, the same UPS driver (idiot who is not my regular driver) drops the tires off when we weren't home, even though they have been authorized to send back to Tire Rack.

It was just a comedy show at that point.
Tire Rack finally gave me new labels and I dropped them off myself.

for the next 2 weeks though, I would be lying if I was looking over my shoulder for the UPS driver to drop them off again!

It was like the "The tire came back, the very next day"........

Back