Thinking of giving up on music and playing guitar

when arthritis made it tougher to play guitar, I got into synths / electronic music, started exploring other types of music, eventually found my way back to guitar while getting into organ and semi-modular / modular synths, and most recently accordion. :yes:

take a break, try another instrument. rediscover the fun of making noise again. when you find your way back to guitar, it will likely be interesting and inspiring again.

when arthritis made it tougher to play guitar, I got into synths / electronic music, started exploring other types of music, eventually found my way back to guitar while getting into organ and semi-modular / modular synths, and most recently accordion. :yes:

take a break, try another instrument. rediscover the fun of making noise again. when you find your way back to guitar, it will likely be interesting and inspiring again.
Exactly.

Reactions: rsm
I got so irritated with the band and playing out thing, I sold all my guitars and amps. To me, sitting there by myself with a guitar produces zero enjoyment. Around the time my band fizzled, a friend brought over a Native instruments Maschine (which is a sampler)
He hit a pad on the sampler and it made a rooster noise. I said, wait, you can link any wav file to a pad? YEP. I got bit then and there.

So now, although I'm not really a techno guy based on my past experience. So instead of making metal and hillbilly blues with a band, I sit by meself and crunch out techno tunes that nobody listens to :D

Back