Dean owners please post up your guitars!

ZL1Hawk

I posted my Dean's in my NGD thread but I know there are some real killer Dean guitars around this forum and not just USA'a but imports too! Washburns are also welcome. I think it would be awesome to have a thread dedicated to Dean's.

If you all agree please post pics and if you feel compelled leave a few comments regarding the guitar and why you use it. :)

Nothing special, but I like 'em. From left are a '14 MIK 35th Anniversary ML, an '08 USA MHG Series ML, and an '04 USA Pro Series ML. (Missing in action is my recently acquired '11 USA 1000 Series V, which is in the shop at the moment.) Quite simply, I play them because I find the neck profile to be extraordinarily comfortable.

Did I ever tell you guys how much I love string-thru guitars and natural finishes? Well I do and that 35th Anny ML is very cool!

C'mon Dean owners please don't leave us hanging. Let's see more Deans! :)

I have seen it,just too computer retarded to know how to use this iPad to copy and paste from my photobucket. Will have to get Kim to do it when I get home. Believe me,I have tried several times.

Steinmetzify":2wpuqwrd said:
Uh oh. You asked for it. Wait until Rottingcorpse shows up and sees this.

Yes I did and politely of course! I've recently found a deep appreciation for Deans even though I'm mostly a devout Jackson/ESP disciple. You see I have 1 import and 1 USA and both of them Deans have taken over my Dungeon and forced my other fiddles aside, for now. They're just too much fun to play right now and my left hand agrees with the Dean neck design not only on the USA ML but also the Stealth.

While we wait for the others to bring on the pics I snapped a few quick ones of both of mine.

The Dean USA Roots is there with my Natural Stealth which Dean only made 100 of. I got #33 but it has a mahogany body with mahogany neck and the V neck profile that I like so much. I installed Bare Knuckle Painkillers in it and the Floyd 1000 on it has yet to let me down.

Here's a few pics of the infamous oak razor blade chopped down from Dime's very own tree.

Note,I have a third full warhead stack now.

Flamed redwood BBQ finish

Custom rust paint
DSCN2778.jpg

DSCN2781.jpg

Mirror top by KAMN guitars
DSCN2740.jpg

USA washy cross,Dean naked lady cross,washy quilt top cross prototype
crossesx3.jpg

Spent a fucking hour being instructed how to post these. I am done for now. Will post some more later.

rottingcorpse":r1wo5tyo said:

Love the pictures dude. Thank you for posting them! I was curious if I would like the quilted Southern Cross as much as the flame and it is extremely cool. What is the 3-way switch for on your single pup ML's? A killswitch?

The Dime Slime you have, The Corpse, and of course the Redwood are my favorites, the Redwood especially! What is the story behind that one? Is it a custom you had spec'd out or was it already made when you purchased it? I'm only curious is all. The top on that Redwood is just WOW! :rock:

mdc1 how is that Schenker V doing? Have you seen the retro Schenker's and all the different runs Dean has been offering? I didn't realize they offered so many.

The redwood was a custom job that I got to pick out the top and work the neck carve at Dean H.Q. I even coordinated with the painter to make sure I got the finish exactly the way I wanted it. Much love and kudos have to go to Jon Hill who was running the wood shop at the time. Dean doesn't really ever make a USA model with only one pickup.

All my custom one pickup jobs have the pickup selector switch changer to a kill switch(habitary for me since the 80s). I have several more,just got sick of the shitty way my iPad makes me copy and paste.

As for the quilt southern cross,I have had 6 USA and import crosses(every version you can think of)...and that quilt is far and away the best of the bunch. All my local friends agree.

Flamed and spalted maple.
IMG_0072.jpg

ZL1Hawk":313gre9q said:
rottingcorpse":313gre9q said:

mdc1 how is that Schenker V doing? Have you seen the retro Schenker's and all the different runs Dean has been offering? I didn't realize they offered so many.

I really like it, big Schenker fan from long ago...pickups are nice in it, Steve Blucher designed, think thats his name from Dimarzio? Need to check into the retros....spent too much already on this one.

ZL1Hawk":ow9h7cph said:
Steinmetzify":ow9h7cph said:
Uh oh. You asked for it. Wait until Rottingcorpse shows up and sees this.

Yes I did and politely of course! I've recently found a deep appreciation for Deans even though I'm mostly a devout Jackson/ESP disciple. You see I have 1 import and 1 USA and both of them Deans have taken over my Dungeon and forced my other fiddles aside, for now. They're just too much fun to play right now and my left hand agrees with the Dean neck design not only on the USA ML but also the Stealth.

While we wait for the others to bring on the pics I snapped a few quick ones of both of mine.

The Dean USA Roots is there with my Natural Stealth which Dean only made 100 of. I got #33 but it has a mahogany body with mahogany neck and the V neck profile that I like so much. I installed Bare Knuckle Painkillers in it and the Floyd 1000 on it has yet to let me down.

Here's a few pics of the infamous oak razor blade chopped down from Dime's very own tree.

Ever notice the pickups rings are the wrong type for a Floyd equipped guitar?

ZL1Hawk":1ev27snr said:
Fuego":1ev27snr said:
Ever notice the pickups rings are the wrong type for a Floyd equipped guitar?

Are you referring to spacing between the poles?

No,the slant on the sides of the pickup bezels(rings). That is a typical import Dean stupid mistake.

i currently have a matte black razorback (the 2012 one that came with a killswitch, but i had to remove the killswitch to make room for the hub/wires/battery of the emgs i put in

it has 85 in the bridge and 81 in the neck (yes 85 in the bridge, its by far the best bridge pickup for metal ive ever heard/played, and the only reason i even tried it was cause i read that its what was used on "the end of heartache")

i used to have a dean mlx that i put the 85/81 in but i sold it a couple years back because i needed money and it never stayed in tune, i would never sell my razorback because its the last gift my grandma ever gave me, the only thing wrong with it is the original nut that it came with broke, so ive been using the premade les paul nuts you can buy but the grooves are never deep enough, so its easy for the strings to slip, i really need to get a custom bone one made so i dont have to worry about a string slipping while playing a show

also the amp i use is the bugera 333xl, its by far the best sounding amp ive ever heard, i like it even better than the framus cobra (used on the end of heartache) the only problem is that its a bugera so i have to worry about it breaking, i know there are things you can do to fix the reliability issues but id have to get someone to do it because i dont know anything about amp repair, oh and the stickers are to cover up scratches cause i got it used, and my strap is planet waves,ill never use any other brand of straps because they are just so good, and they look good too, oh and i play drop c and i alternate between skinny top heavy bottom 10-52 ernie ball strings and dunlop heavycore 11-50

razorback through 333xl room sound -

razorback through 333xl mic'ed sound -
LasLrIO.jpeg

Absolutely love Deans. played a USA Z for years and years.

If their company wasnt run by a shithead I would have bought a custom long ago.

Back