NGD! 91 Ibanez RG770

vultures

Found this on reverb last week from a seller called "Guitars4Cancer". It came with EMG 81/SA/89 and all the original pickups, pots, and accessories. A guitar at a killer price and it's to help folks with cancer? That's a no-brainer, bought it quick! (Can I write this off on my taxes? :LOL: :LOL:)

One of my biggest regrets was selling all my 91-92 RG770s, RG550s and RG565s. I think I'll try and get the gang back together. This one is without a doubt one of the nicer ones I've seen, better condition than the other RG770s I've owned. Usually these models from these years are all dinged up, original parts missing or whatever.

_MG_0672.jpg

_MG_0669.jpg

_MG_0662.jpg

_MG_0674.jpg

That's nice and I love when Ibanez color matches the inlays to the body. I have a sparkle blue JEM like that. Looks clean. Enjoy it!

I had a reissue but man those original ones always play the best. Awesome guitar!
I really want a red one. :thumbsup:

Robotechnology":3p1p8jwq said:
That's nice and I love when Ibanez color matches the inlays to the body. I have a sparkle blue JEM like that. Looks clean. Enjoy it!

Sparkle Blue JEM you say? I need to see it and/or play it :rock: We need to get another NJ House of Metal together.

kylendm":3p1p8jwq said:
I had a reissue but man those original ones always play the best. Awesome guitar!
I really want a red one. :thumbsup:

The reissues are still great guitars, you can always score one in great condition. Something about these original necks are different though, it's as if Ibanez went stupid thin with them and were afraid to do it anymore. :LOL: :LOL:

Killer guitar! I have a special place in my heart for 770's. My first guitar was this 1990 770 that my parents gave me as a Christmas gift. I still have it.

Nice score man!

To be honest, I've tried to list one of my RGDX (I forgot the model number) for sale several times, but each time I come back to it, it plays amazingly! It's currently getting outfitted with gold. These RGs from the early 90s were great guitars!

:rock:

Man i love my old Ibanez guitars, i love the 550, 565 and 770dx models. I have all the 565 colors and all the 770 also. One 550 20th in road flare red.

Great fucking guitars through and through.

:rock:

We are so very glad to hear you are enjoying the RG770!
We get lots of nice guitars through here, but that one stands out as one of my favorites. What a really nice guitar that was, nicer (IMHO) than the RG920 Premium I'm about to deliver, or the XTP700 from a few weeks ago also.

Unfortunately no, you can't write it off as a charitable deduction as you received the guitar at fair market value, but that in no way diminishes the fine support you provided with your purchase, or our appreciation.

Thank you for supporting Guitars4cancer!

MGR

Hmm, can't see the pics. Photobucket is telling me I have to pay $33/month for 3rd party hosting. Are you guys doing this???

Back