Rant - Rick Beato is a douchecake

controlled_voltage

Banned
First rant here for me ! :rock:

yes i realize the entire planet is on this guy's dick...hard
sure he knows theory
BUT
he is a pompous arrogant dick and it comes across in almost every video.
watch a few live videos and it's so evident as he interacts with commentators and or dick sucks fanboys that donate
and
his guitar playing while 'correct" has zero vibes and is totally uninspiring or memorable, and he thinks he's great.
No "dumbass" i don't want to watch you meander in G dorian and pontificate to the serfs about how to use the mode.

Compare his playing ANY real artist like paul gilbet, chris poland, kossof,.beck, aldrich, holdsworth etc ________ fill in the blank fave of yours and it's clear he blows chunks, has a shit tone, crap phrasing etc.

there are HUGE gaps in his musical knowledge
he is clueless about anything electronic from the 1940s - to present day it's all just "EDM' to him
he has no knowledge of funk/soul/bossa/reggae/ international music
his djent lesson is a bad joke
his entire foundation is classical guitar and FM rock and it's fucking lame
i don't need a another privileged "white bro "telling me how great steely dan is.
yes i realize no one is forcing me to watch him
but it's repugnant
YMMV
thanks!

As far as YouTube guys go I like Rick. I didn't see his djent vid cause that is a genre that doesn't appeal to me at all but I usually watch his what makes a band great vids which have been in my opinion damn good series.

Now Glenn Fricker, Fluff, and a few others get on my nerves. Glenn has an intro of him headbanging in slow motion and takes time in the middle of his vids to hock mobile games as if he plays mobile games.
which is both the lamest shit ever.

As a general rule though most of the YouTube guys are pricks. I guess some people get on people's nerves more than others. I like Rick though so far.

ClintN667":16zv35yx said:
Glenn has an intro of him headbanging in slow motion

and you actually take that seriously like it isnt meant to be a joke or anything. you must be fun at parties

ClintN667":1fhynn0x said:
As far as YouTube guys go I like Rick. I didn't see his djent vid cause that is a genre that doesn't appeal to me at all but I usually watch his what makes a band great vids which have been in my opinion damn good series.

Now Glenn Fricker, Fluff, and a few others get on my nerves. Glenn has an intro of him headbanging in slow motion and takes time in the middle of his vids to hock mobile games as if he plays mobile games.
which is both the lamest shit ever.

As a general rule though most of the YouTube guys are pricks. I guess some people get on people's nerves more than others. I like Rick though so far.
Fluff is irritating for sure, also the Music Is Win guy is fucking annoying :doh:

Most of the Youtubers are irritating as hell. And I especially hate any of those clickbait videos of 'guitarist/drummer/singer/teacher reacts to x'. As if putting that in the title of the video means their opinions are somehow more relevant.

Saying that some guys are cool:
Reza
Johan Segeborn
Michael Nielsen
EystchPi
I don't mind Leon Todd but his tone in a lot of his videos is absolutely terrible
probably some others

RaceU4her":9gylsxry said:
you sound like a fucking moron. everyone loves him cause he is the best on youtube from theory to production techniques to song writing. "privileged white bro" who doesn't compare to paul gilbert?? i mean what the fuck?

you sound like..wait
i can't hear you speak.....
you have rick's dick in your mouth! :LOL: :LOL:
how's it taste fucko?

controlled_voltage":3qgoxhty said:
First rant here for me ! :rock:

yes i realize the entire planet is on this guy's dick...hard
sure he knows theory
BUT
he is a pompous arrogant dick and it comes across in almost every video.
watch a few live videos and it's so evident as he interacts with commentators and or dick sucks fanboys that donate
and
his guitar playing while 'correct" has zero vibes and is totally uninspiring or memorable, and he thinks he's great.
No "dumbass" i don't want to watch you meander in G dorian and pontificate to the serfs about how to use the mode.

Compare his playing ANY real artist like paul gilbet, chris poland, kossof,.beck, aldrich, holdsworth etc ________ fill in the blank fave of yours and it's clear he blows chunks, has a shit tone, crap phrasing etc.

there are HUGE gaps in his musical knowledge
he is clueless about anything electronic from the 1940s - to present day it's all just "EDM' to him
he has no knowledge of funk/soul/bossa/reggae/ international music
his djent lesson is a bad joke
his entire foundation is classical guitar and FM rock and it's fucking lame
i don't need a another privileged "white bro "telling me how great steely dan is.
yes i realize no one is forcing me to watch him
but it's repugnant
YMMV
thanks!
1. How old are you?
2. What is a "privileged white bro"?
3. What is "djent"?

So, who? I went on youtube and looked him up.

WHAT THE FUCK?? Right?

How do you trash the guy? He is way better than the OP!!!! Hey OP, where's your shit? Huh? In your douche-bag? Put your "knowledge" out here for us to talk about, will you? Then we'll have an idea of what you would think is passable.

Rick Rules!!!

I enjoy his “what makes this song great” videos.
When he plays out the chords on his keyboard, has been eye-opening to me what makes some of those
songs work on different levels.
His Les Paul is a black Classic like mine. Wish I knew what pickups he uses.

Back