Friedman Naked Mk II

I have wanted a Naked amp since I heard APC use them, but man, that sounds very uninspiring to me. Very digital-ish sounding for some reason.

Too much gain and sometimes bottom end for a rhythm tone IMHO. That could easily be tweaked out though. Overall, it doesn't sound bad.

guitarnerdswe":1cmouz4b said:
Too much gain and sometimes bottom end for a rhythm tone IMHO. That could easily be tweaked out though. Overall, it doesn't sound bad.

Almost sounds like clipping. Does not sound "mix friendly" to me honestly. Sounds like a "bedroom" tone.

sutepaj":2m88p2yy said:
I have wanted a Naked amp since I heard APC use them, but man, that sounds very uninspiring to me. Very digital-ish sounding for some reason.

That's just Reza's golden touch.

I would love to hear it through v30s, his demos rarely use them and the character of the redback 150s comes off harsh with some of the demos he does.

Saw this last night when he posted it on the Marshall forum.
Sounds like ass to me, but what the hell do I know :dunno: :confused:

KrunKGringoeZ":17pesvhf said:
I would love to hear it through v30s, his demos rarely use them and the character of the redback 150s comes off harsh with some of the demos he does.

well looks like he saw your post ;)

RaceU4her":gtqfb1z7 said:
KrunKGringoeZ":gtqfb1z7 said:

well looks like he saw your post ;)

oh wow! I stand corrected! Got to be a pricey head though, hand wired by dave 20 made. Gotta be close 4-5k range

With eyes closed I could imagine that being any of 50 amps dialed in bad with sporadic, scratch my eyes out playing. Nothing stood out to me in a positive way here.

RockyStar":1taboyoc said:
With eyes closed I could imagine that being any of 50 amps dialed in bad with sporadic, scratch my eyes out playing. Nothing stood out to me in a positive way here.

I could not agree any more with this statement. So many times, the ‘build up’ in the title of the video and brand / model of the amp makes listeners hesitantly nod in unison ‘yeah .... uh ... cool, man’

I’d love to hear 3-5 min of an amp demo before knowing what it is. I think you’d get a helluva lot more honest assessment of the sound.

panhead":3bzctdjr said:
When did people start playing guitar like it was a set of drums? lol

Usually when people aren't very good or creative, they end up just down tuning and chug. They don't bother with melody or phrasing, but that's because they don't know what it is. I mean if that's what they enjoy then more power to them, but buying $4000 amps and $3000 guitars just to palm mute open drop C chords is pretty absurd if you think about it.

sutepaj":rvoodfin said:
panhead":rvoodfin said:
When did people start playing guitar like it was a set of drums? lol

Usually when people aren't very good or creative, they end up just down tuning and chug. They don't bother with melody or phrasing, but that's because they don't know what it is. I mean if that's what they enjoy then more power to them, but buying $4000 amps and $3000 guitars just to palm mute open drop C chords is pretty absurd if you think about it.

So by this logic, if all I want to do is chug in C, I should somehow be confined to playing something along the lines of a Marshall MG and maybe an Indonesian made guitar? Nothing nice for me! :thumbsdown:

A guitar is one of the most expressive musical tools out there, yet guitar players are some of the most judgmental, exclusive pricks you'll ever come across. Dude can buy, play, whore out whatever gear he wants in my book. Don't know about his personality, don't care. Don't care if his videos sound good or bad. He's listed as a Friedman endorsed artist, so clearly he's doing something right.

I should probably get to selling my Wizard now, since I'm not worthy. :thumbsup:

Back