New power amp day: VHT 2150

Congratulations on buying the VHT 2150 power amp! What a great guitar rack too! Nice to see that some of the guitarists on this message board are still using guitar racks instead of the Kemper/Fractal/etc. guitar modeling guitar rigs. I would love to play through the VHT X99R preamp and the 2150 or 50/50 power amp, but have owned a Mesa Boogie 20/20 power amp and still own my Strategy 400 power amp.

Guitar George

Thanks guys, didn´t expect this thread to pop up again! But yeah, I really dig it a couple of years on, especially with the Soldano. The Soldanos are voiced for clean, wide-range power sections and this is probably as clean and wide as it gets. Just a huge combination. I did get a rack case for the 2150 at some point :LOL: :LOL:

Pgle1jil.jpg

For what it´s worth I actually got a X88R a bit later, but I sold it just as fast when all the proper Soldano stuff suddenly jumped up into crazy money territory. Just as I remembered it didn´t really do anything I couldn´t get from the X99.

I mainly go for that late 80s, early 90s hard rock sound. Steve Lukather and EVH, I guess, nothing very exotic.

Haha, yeah, I guess that's how it goes. Spent years and years fine-tuning and upgrading that rig and the good stuff sort of creeps up on you. I couldn't imagine going out and just buying all that stuff right off the bat.

You should post up some clips of the Caswell and VHT. Could be just iPhone clips. Make it happen, captain.

Congrats! The best of the best for poweramps. I have a 2150 and the classic.It doesn't get any better.And I also run my soldano x88r into the 2150.I swear there's times I prefer this setup over my slo head!

Back