Kitty Hawk amps??

Kyrpajyra

Banned
Checked out some old Kee Marcello clips and got into a wormhole about Kitty Hawk stuff. Anyone here who knows something about them?

Judging by the few clips that i've heard of the Quattro preamp, it sounds something between Mesa and Soldano.

Very Mesa-ish. I believe Reb Beach was endorsing Kitty Hawk and may(?) have used it on the first Winger album.

I was in a 2 guitar band for a while with a guy that had the preamp and power amp and he had a great tone. I was using a pair of Mark-IIIs at the time and the Kitty Hawk stuff was very similar sounding.

Shitty Hawk. It was the potentiometers that broke. Cheap stuff, great sound, too bad.

The Fugliness didn't help either.

The early Kittyhawk heads were known for blowing transformers. They sounded great when they worked. I think the Scorpions used them for a while.

I have a Soho Acoustics Qtr-1 which is supposedly a copy of the KH Quattro. It doesn't sound like a Mark or any other amp I'm familiar with. It has lots of gain on tap but is way looser than anything modern. 80's Black Sabbath comes to mind whenever I play it, sort of like Tyr or Headless Cross tone.

Reb only ever used the preamp, and then only to monitor his effects on stage (was never sent to FOH), he said the amps didn't work within a week of being out on the road. He was a Suhr Marshall man for many years until the switch to the CAA/Suhr amps he's using now.

Reb only ever used the preamp, and then only to monitor his effects on stage (was never sent to FOH), he said the amps didn't work within a week of being out on the road. He was a Suhr Marshall man for many years until the switch to the CAA/Suhr amps he's using now.
He did use early Rectos for Pull, did he not? I thought that was the exception to the modded Marshalls. Apart from the Kitty Hawk thing.

You are correct about the Rectos I think, but he has contradicted himself about what was actually used on Pull.

Shitty Hawk. It was the potentiometers that broke. Cheap stuff, great sound, too bad.

The Fugliness didn't help either.
Lol i've heard that shitty hawk thing from somewhere before. I guess i'll just stick to modded marshalls for now.

Back