Smaller Wattage Diezel

I haven't a lot of experience with watts and power, but would the 20 watt VH Mini be enough (through a 2x12) to keep up with an acoustic drummer ? I keep getting mixed messages. Some people say I'll need more like 50 watt, and some others telling me 15 is enough?!

Well it depends on the drummer and how much "clean" do you need.
In this case I'd say that Diezel's has enough presence to be used way lower volume than other amps, meaning that to hear it you don't need to push master so 20W with 2x12 could be enough!

Reactions: V87
Well it depends on the drummer and how much "clean" do you need.
In this case I'd say that Diezel's has enough presence to be used way lower volume than other amps, meaning that to hear it you don't need to push master so 20W with 2x12 could be enough!
I guess by the clean but you mean headroom? Tbh I don't really need that much as I mostly play for myself and anything with a drummer would be distortion mostly ! Thanks for your reply!

I started this thread about 2 1/2 years ago.....so what is the latest with this amp besides finishing up back ordered amps?.....any pictures or pricing? Thanks

Reactions: TTV
I started this thread about 2 1/2 years ago.....so what is the latest with this amp besides finishing up back ordered amps?.....any pictures or pricing? Thanks
Seems that Diezel engine is running in low fuel.. This amp has been in "fine tuning and case shaping phase" over a year, no real updates from the progress (price, ETA, pictures, final features,...) by Diezel team.

I lost my appetite for this while ago. All the best for the team in finalizing the amp and making it available this year.

It's been a rough past year. I'm cutting Diezel some slack.

Perhaps something to consider is the Synergy SYN-30 head with a VH4 module.

Guys, don't forget that Diezel isn't a huge company with thousands of workers!
They're working hard and don't want to release a product that isn't perfect.

Have you seen their work on the VHX?

Guys, don't forget that Diezel isn't a huge company with thousands of workers!
They're working hard and don't want to release a product that isn't perfect.

Have you seen their work on the VHX?
Yes, small company with really talented people, nothing about that. However, VH mini was introduced 1,5 years ago and fine tuning (incl. new case size, new "VHX like" IR signal capture) of that should not take many months. Maybe it is because of the work with VHX? Don't know the details.

FWIW I'm quite pleased with the Synergy VH4 preamp into my Mk5:25's effects return. It's holding me over for now until I can try the VH Mini :)

Yes, small company with really talented people, nothing about that. However, VH mini was introduced 1,5 years ago and fine tuning (incl. new case size, new "VHX like" IR signal capture) of that should not take many months. Maybe it is because of the work with VHX? Don't know the details.

As follow up, it is ready and finalized since end of last year, no further development is needed.

Production is awaiting because other models existing and new orders, there was an unexpected peak that kept us really busy!

The reason we are not posting pictures and info and talking about it is just no not make people even more upset by the teasing.

Thanks for your understanding!!

As follow up, it is ready and finalized since end of last year, no further development is needed.

Production is awaiting because other models existing and new orders, there was an unexpected peak that kept us really busy!

The reason we are not posting pictures and info and talking about it is just no not make people even more upset by the teasing.

Thanks for your understanding!!
Thanks Leo for your answer. I would have appreciated it more several months ago, when people were regularly asking the updates here. I don't understand your tactic of silence (it really is teasing of fans and customers) nor hiding the pictures and details of the final version of already published amp model? It may not increase the number of potential customers, whenever it will be available. At least I lost my interest for it while ago, hopefully there are more stronger minds in the queue. All the best for the launch and other activities!

Thanks Leo for your answer. I would have appreciated it more several months ago, when people were regularly asking the updates here. I don't understand your tactic of silence (it really is teasing of fans and customers) nor hiding the pictures and details of the final version of already published amp model? It may not increase the number of potential customers, whenever it will be available. At least I lost my interest for it while ago, hopefully there are more stronger minds in the queue. All the best for the launch and other activities!

Thank you, not to be fussy but that's exactly what I said previously if you read my last post some months ago!
No tactics here, we always did release, picture and video after availability!

Back