even modded marshalls by cameron are in ccv price range now!

f4.gif

Thats why some here do it. Sales & promotion is as old as when Romans sold used Chariots. Why do you think asking price for a stock 2203X goes for $1900 now ?
Would be one thing if there was an "amp meter" to gauge how good one amplifier sounds compared to another in a scientific impartial way but here its all CONJECTURE, just voices in your head.
I have plenty of amps modded and not but for me i really never need more than a JCM-2000 DSL-100 on "lead #1" w/a boost and i would stack that pound for pounds against anything.
Im in a Metro of nearly 3 Million people with 3 Guitar Centers and many local accalimed guitar shops and im well known locally & nationally in the music community and 99.8% of guitar players here don't even know what a cameron modded amp is and the few who do don't even play music.
The worst cases of the cameron virus seem to be right here and its always the same one's stirring the pot.
Now come in off the ledge before you loose $5K PP/gift and an amp.

69664835df185d20619c51ab588696a2.gif
I found the musicians not knowing , caring or wanting to stay playing the Camero' amps ( for long) completely true.
Made me feel like a turd actually.
Way too processed and who plays Still Of The Night 24/7. Just too much.
Like it's part of his buzz before he comes down.
Like the Brain guy said, stock Marshall and a boost.

I found the musicians not knowing , caring or wanting to stay playing the Camero' amps ( for long) completely true.
Made me feel like a turd actually.
Way too processed and who plays Still Of The Night 24/7. Just too much.
Like it's part of his buzz before he comes down.
Like the Brain guy said, stock Marshall and a boost.
ComfortableFatalHarborporpoise-size_restricted.gif

I just played a recently acquired [2nd time] JCM 2000 DSL-100 at rehearsals yesterday.
Lead #1 Master & Pre both at noon hit w/a boost/overdrive the best of Marshall sound for sure.
Simple but effective and totally awesome.
Clear reason the JCM-DSL was an industry standard for over 25 years.

It was time to go once the flames started shooting out the back panel though 😂
Ha! 😅

I sold it. To get the 100 watt version. For some reason the 50 watt version sounded better. Talked with Billy numerous times. Guy is super nice. I’ve been eye balling one for sale now. But going on a family trip. No extra funds. If it’s still available when I get back I’m buying it. 😎

Ha! 😅

I sold it. To get the 100 watt version. For some reason the 50 watt version sounded better. Talked with Billy numerous times. Guy is super nice. I’ve been eye balling one for sale now. But going on a family trip. No extra funds. If it’s still available when I get back I’m buying it. 😎
Hey Mailman, you need to get with Billy and go out & burn down the town!!!
Getcho' some fresh ink too!!!

ComfortableFatalHarborporpoise-size_restricted.gif

I just played a recently acquired [2nd time] JCM 2000 DSL-100 at rehearsals yesterday.
Lead #1 Master & Pre both at noon hit w/a boost/overdrive the best of Marshall sound for sure.
Simple but effective and totally awesome.
Clear reason the JCM-DSL was an industry standard for over 25 years.
Market popularity is just that. It has more to do with brand loyalty than tone or quality or other more tangible qualities. I personally don’t like anything Marshall has put out in the last 35 years

Everyone laughs. But that firebolt is the real thing. I don’t think he’s making amps these days. Guy I sold it to ‘member here’ was partner in one of the biggest amp builder company. He said the same as I do.

Market popularity is just that. It has more to do with brand loyalty than tone or quality or other more tangible qualities. I personally don’t like anything Marshall has put out in the last 35 years
I was born before Marshall & Fender so part of me agrees with you but the DSL is a great platform. Not interested in the Vietnam stuff.
Like i said i have several other amps new & old/modded & stock.
If someone can't get workable rock tones from a DSL on the fly they're doing it wrong.

I was born before Marshall & Fender so part of me agrees with you but the DSL is a great platform. Not interested in the Vietnam stuff.
Like i said i have several other amps new & old/modded & stock.
If someone can't get workable rock tones from a DSL on the fly they're doing it wrong.
I like when the DSL first came out and was made in the UK. It’s a very problematic amp and in many cases complete boards need replacing. If you compared the construction to a Bugera or a Friedman, it’s infinitely closer to the Bugera.

I like when the DSL first came out and was made in the UK. It’s a very problematic amp and in many cases complete boards need replacing. If you compared the construction to a Bugera or a Friedman, it’s infinitely closer to the Bugera.
Ive had 2 made in UK JCM 2000 DSL-100's a 2006 & 2009 and never had a problem ever.
They fixed the PCB's 2005 and after.
Marshall didn't move amp production to Vietnam til old man Jim expired cuz he never would stand for it.
None of the Marshall kids want to or do run the company now but they all want the money.
I would never own a bugera FWIW.
The UK made DSL is no bugera.
Just like Diezel is no Cameron.
Just like a Friedman is no Soldano.
Just like : [enter analogy here]

Last edited:
I dunno, I've had tonnes of amps and alot of the premier names roll through here. So far the Rivera m100 I'm 200 dollars(that's 5 USD) in to has put every god damn one of them to shame for quality of tone AND fell from both the clean and the gain side.

Everyone laughs. But that firebolt is the real thing. I don’t think he’s making amps these days. Guy I sold it to ‘member here’ was partner in one of the biggest amp builder company. He said the same as I do.

of course it sounds good, it’s a reverse engineered Cameron. He openly admits this.

He seems to have slid off the radar.
honestly he was super nice dealing with him. Came across wrong on forums. But was a good guy to deal with.

honestly he was super nice dealing with him. Came across wrong on forums. But was a good guy to deal with.
Last I heard his name mentioned, the FU Tone guy was raving about Billy’s pickups and I think he even carries them in his store

Hey Mailman, you still got that mancave/dungeon?
I remember seeing you jammin' out proper
with your buddies. You had that Lynch 4X12.
THAT! Is what the internet needs more of.
Dudes jammin' out regardless of editing and having fun.
Btw, I was born & raised in Detroit.
Redford Township & Ferndale.
And yes, I lived a mile away from Eminem.
My crew, The Full Force Rockers actually battled his crew (The Mission) in a breakdance battle at The Shelter.
Serious fresh grooves & hammers gettin' dropped. Followed by throwing hands and then dusting each other off and givin' props where props were due 💯

Back