Ok...... What ya listening to?

I've been listening to the Architects new album- which is outstanding...IMHO. A bit of Megadeth, the new Dead Daisies and then a lot of Myles Davis.

Right now?

"Sunshine Rain" King's X radio on Tidal. It's like a sick time machine that plays songs from 30 years ago, but now in higher detail than I ever heard them before given my studio setup. So rad!!! Early 90's funk metal and the like takes me back, we need more of this extravagant party music! States are opening up! It's time to PLAY!!!
Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 9.55.00 PM.png

For the first time in quite awhile, nothing new..

Fair To Midland, both albums
Big Wreck
Sunset Black
Minecraft soundtrack 😆. My son has been playing it and the music is great

been on an old Metallica and Queensryche kick too

For the first time in quite awhile, nothing new..

Fair To Midland, both albums
Big Wreck
Sunset Black
Minecraft soundtrack 😆. My son has been playing it and the music is great

been on an old Metallica and Queensryche kick too

Based dad! Love Big Wreck, saw them on Reverb/HBO back in the day, late at night, "The Oaf," totally blew me away. That was '97! Saw them at a liitle hole in the wall called Barristers in Memphis in '98, Ian had over 10 guitars for the set. Saw them again in 2001 at the Nick in Birmingham, David Henning and his GF had just broken up. He was sad, we chilled at the bar (40 cap!) before the set. Had met Dr. Know at a Soul Brains show in Memphis the night before. They were playing B'ham that night, went to their gig and chilled with them again. Scooped up HR and Gary, smoked a blunt in my car, took them to the BW show. WAS EPIC! Bad Brains was David's favorite band, total cheer up!

Here's to more rock n' roll awesome stories coming our way once this scandal is over!

Okay so this came up on the King's X radio:

HOLY SHIT! The Defunkt level funk madness! Like this:

Seems like the dudes from The High Strung liked the Bungle, or at least, the drummer sure as fuck did!

Or maybe it came from someone else, but man!

Might I add, that thumbnail of Emmy Rossum is dead sexy!

So Living Colour inspired me to play, and I'm red pilling my early 20's neighbor on how great black rock was back in the day, how we literally had the BLM ideal. My god, what we've lost! He'd never heard Fishbone, or King's X, or Living Colour!

He just found identity in a mad rap world. My work is done!!!

My bro D:

1614747019301.jpeg

Tracks for awakening:

These modern kids have been politically ROBBED of the kind of unity we had in the 90's. For fucking SHAME!

Playlist has been a lot of EDM lately.

I'm a raver.

/end
I used to be! Scene's been dead for like 15 years around here tho. Loves my Deadmau5 and Pendulum, Quivver, Crystal Method/big beat/chemical beat, Theivery Corp and Massive Attack/Trip hop. Love it!

I used to be! Scene's been dead for like 15 years around here tho. Loves my Deadmau5 and Pendulum, Quivver, Crystal Method/big beat/chemical beat, Theivery Corp and Massive Attack/Trip hop. Love it!
Deadmau5 is just critical - total master - love his layering - super technical!! And 100% "YES" to every one of the outfits mentioned above... Hey, ravers - we never really go away - we just move elsewhere and come back.

Don't get me wrong - I play a lot of guitar, and listen to tons of music "around" guitar - but EDM, especially given the covid climate, fuck, it just lightens everything up and there's been a huge resurgence in the molly/candy-trip/EDM/rave culture as of late. Depends where you're at, but it's making another go 'round for sure...and I'm fkn LOVING IT!! :ROFLMAO:

Deadmau5 is just critical - total master - love his layering - super technical!! And 100% "YES" to every one of the outfits mentioned above... Hey, ravers - we never really go away - we just move elsewhere and come back.

Don't get me wrong - I play a lot of guitar, and listen to tons of music "around" guitar - but EDM, especially given the covid climate, fuck, it just lightens everything up and there's been a huge resurgence in the molly/candy-trip/EDM/rave culture as of late. Depends where you're at, but it's making another go 'round for sure...and I'm fkn LOVING IT!! :ROFLMAO:

Always knew you were cool, all those years back when I joined, by that sick ass avatar of yours!

Let it come back! 2000 people experiencing an altered state of bliss is HEAVEN and once it's been experienced we know how high the mark for existence together can be! PLUR Yo! haha

For real tho raves change lives.

Fck YES!!!!! PLUR!!!!!!!!!!!! 😆🤣😎🤩

STAY LIT!!!!!!!!!

Since last summer - few tribes I roam with - it's been back to the Doors, some Floyd, dropping 'cid, and then dropping sick beats beachside to some HEAVY ass EDM - I mean, this is where it's at - we're vibing - we're happy AF - and ya, I wish more people could switch on cuz it sure beats bitchin' bout the economy or covid or whatever. Get lit, crank the tunes, start the vibe psychedelic if ya want or just jump in to some Digweed, Crystal, ChemBros, Deadmau5, oldskool Oakenfold (ZooYork?!?! GTFOutta here man...that's just pure gold!!) - and just keep pumping it.

THANK YOU FOR THE VIBES BRADDAH and most certainly P L U R all the way!!
🤩🎼🎧🎶🎵:p

This is my Grohl inspired freedom rock!

Played guitar, bass, Vox, and had drums programmed to my spex: https://www.dropbox.com/s/56jbbo9dxmvok0n/Fire Walk With Me pre-pro.mp3?dl=0

Tried to capture that ultra-high energy vibe. Rokkers in my town (Memphis) just don't get it. I live in a desperate desert of degeneracy and low vibes. Gotta radiate your own light!

We did have Oakenfold and Sasha and Digweed here back in the day. Late 90's early 2000's rave culture here was insane: AK1200, BT, hell first party I threw was Sept 17th 2001 and was Crystal Method on Tweekend tour with Adam Freeland and Uberzone! We had a rave at Putt-Putt the night before I met the guy who had the contract; was up all night, did my first photoshoot with my band featuring John Roth from Winger/BOA/Survivor fame and met this producer the next afternoon that was hooked up with MTV2. Wild days! Folks who weren't there will never, ever get it.

Saddest thing is most people will go their whole lives never experiencing the higher/altered states of ecstasy, bliss and joy that came with those parties and the pills. Goddamn I need a good party rn!

It’s funny, I’ve been digging back into the 70s and real early 80s stuff (like pre Quiet Riot, Ratt, Dokken, etc) , been digging on Pat Travers, Molly Hatchett, Blackfoot, Aldo Nova, REO Speedwagon, Donny Iris, Billy Squire, Boston, Foreigner, Cheap Trick, Aerosmith (Rock in a Hard Place !), Joe Perry Project, Journey pre Jonathon Cain, Kansas, Pat Benatar (when she rocked), Queen, Rainbow, Robin Trower, Triumph, and Y & T pre Summertime girls.
You gotta check out Frank Marino! Ripping guitarist!

Alot of Van Halen since October 6th. Besides that, Savatage and White Lion and old Ozzy. Randy, Criss Oliva and Vito Bratta are my faves after Ed. So melodic and smooth. All three have magic fluidity in their playing.

A mixture of new generation thrash and sad/girlie/love songs. I think I am starting to morph into a mutant emo/slayer kitty. Looking on Amazon next for eyeliner,black hair dye and Twilight movie DVDs.

Back