Mighty Mite Compound Radius Neck

I am finishing my new Partscaster,and I have gone through several necks and finally decided to try the Mighty Mite neck(s).

Its advertised as 9.5" at the nut and goes up to 12" at the heel..it has a 22 fret Maple fretboard,medium frets and skunk stripe.

What are you guys opinions on the I guess "Newer" Mighty Mite" necks ?

This has a regular style nut on it,and I've installed a Wilkinson WVP6-SB tremelo on it..it has the SD Vintage rails in the middle and neck slots,and the SD Hot rails shr-1b in the bridge slot..I originally was going to keep the Vintage rails in the bridge slot,but I have never liked bridge position single coils,or the humbucker Vintage rails,so thats why I decided to with go the Hot rails in the bridge.

I admit I'm a Metal Head,but I like the "quack" of the 4th Notch position of the 2 single coils or the Vintage rails in this case running through a nice clean channel.

I had read up on all different brands of necks before ordering this one,but I didn't want to move up to the $200+ dollar necks yet on a guitar I'm not sure I will play as often as my Floyd Rose equipped guitars.

The neck is supposed to arrive here tomorrow,but UPS has had a few "F"ed up weeks due to the bad weather,so not getting my hopes up..yet.

I'd like to know this as well in terms also of the fretwork when you get them.. How ready to play are they?
Supposed to be ready to go..drill 4 mounting holes.tuning key set screw holes, and set it up accordingly. I just got tracking update..its 140 miles away from me now,but that doesn't mean jack sh!t !

When I get it and setup I will come back here with the results..hoping for no neck shims etc that can makes things more difficult than they need to be.

I have two recent superstrat partscasters here with MM necks, one was built about a year ago, the other 3 years ago.
I really like both of the necks, the frets just needed a polish then they were good to go.

Supposed to be ready to go..drill 4 mounting holes.tuning key set screw holes, and set it up accordingly. I just got tracking update..its 140 miles away from me now,but that doesn't mean jack sh!t !

When I get it and setup I will come back here with the results..hoping for no neck shims etc that can makes things more difficult than they need to be.
I guess really the hardest part is matching the neck to the body neck cut out slot and hope it is a tight fit though I traced one out years ago and sent it to a builder and it fit like a glove when I got it back. Not sure if that is something they offer too but if you know the body you are using, it should work out.

Sorry back so late to post update..the MM neck got delivered to me on time,on a Friday.

I was tired and wasn't going to work on it,the partscaster,but I couldn't stand not knowing what the deal was going to be,so I popped it into the neck pocket and it fits like a glove,and no shims anywhere..it lined up perfectly and everything just worked out right the first time,which for me is unbelieveable.

I just adjusted the saddles heights and checked the intonation,only a few minor adjustments and it was ready to go..I love this neck,and for the price for me its kickass ! Now who knows how long it will hold up but I think its going to be fine,the necks craftsmanship,no fretwork needed at all anywhere is just awesome..

The compound radius 9.5" to 12" is great..I haven't played on a 9.5" in quite some time and really didn.t know what to expect,but its a piece of cake.
Overall for me his was the best fitting neck right out of the box ever,and when I get some time to play I damn sure will.

With the sun coming out now longer and warmer everyday,I have way too much to do and don't want to do any of it,I just want to jam !

I will say this,for the low,low price that this neck sold for,$126 to my front door and fast, I would say go for it,I love this neck and will buy another one soon,for sure.

I forgot to say that the nut is perfectly installed for what I need,and I am about to try some Ernie Ball Primo Slinky 9.5- .044 strings,when the new Schaller locking tuners I bought to replace the Hipshot Grip locks arrive mid week. after that this guitars done.

Once I load some pics into my desktop I will try to get them on here,maybe this weekend.

Last edited:
Back