Paul Gilbert Snortin’ Whiskey

I think he is saying that because of the harmonic minor. Which is definitely not oriental enough for Jason/Marty :D
I think of it as A harmonic minor over an A and E Phyrgian Dominant over an E. Same notes/scale just different context/mode.

Damn - on the circa 1986 (G.I.T.) video, it ‘almost’ looks like he’s using Frank Gambale style economy picking on those full low E to high E and back ascending and descending runs(?) Looks like all sweeping downstrokes from low strings to high strings and sweeping upstrokes from high strings back to low strings.

Paul simply kills EVERYTHING he does.
Really enjoy his more"bluesy" approach these days, although it's clearly not JUST bluesy.

Amazing talent, always provides a tutorial on the GUITAR :worship:

Reactions: PDC
All music aside would not recommend drinking the Cola. When i lived in Florida years ago a guy took home a 6 pack bottles of a Cuban Malt beverage from a local liquor store or so he thought.
Turns out to be liquid Cocaine from Pablo Escobar meant for a Cartel member [they would dry the liquid into a solid] Pure Cocoa base.
Dude died in a Coma.
https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xpm-1993-06-10-9301170884-story.html

Dude, you gotta stop trolling threads. Shit gets old

What I really dig about him is he's also got groove and listens to the other musicians.
Wicked guitar player.
His slide playing is killer!!!!

Back