Celestion G12K-100

nmarevic

Does anybody know how Chinese G12K-100s compare with English ones? I can buy brand new Chinese ones for ~$80 per piece in local music store.
I like that speakers and I'm planning them for CAA 2X12. Any more advices?

Probably not much of a difference. I heard that the only thing different about the Chinese speakers is the type of glue they use. FWIW though, I won't buy Chinese speakers. Even if they don't sound different, I don't want a Chinese product as essential as a speaker in my rig. English-made all the way for me (or US, once I get around to ordering some Scumbacks).

Also does anybody know where can I buy English ones?
Important thing is that I need that speakers in Croatia so I need store with worldwide shipping.

I wasn't aware the K-100 was ever made in England...it's a recent production speaker....I thought they started, and are only in China?

One way or the other, I used to own English V30s, and now have Chinese ones. I don't miss the English ones at all to be honest. The Chinese ones sound the same, and are actually more reliable. My English ones started coming unglued at the caps after about a year...had to get them remounted...the Chinese ones are still going strong.

To each his own :thumbsup:

nmarevic":1z64iqpi said:
Also does anybody know where can I buy English ones?
Important thing is that I need that speakers in Croatia so I need store with worldwide shipping.

G12K100 was never made in England.

The old G12K-85 was and is 95 % the same speaker.

I feel the old G12H-100 is slightly better than either of those.

ibanez4life SZ!":20r17c00 said:
I wasn't aware the K-100 was ever made in England...it's a recent production speaker....I thought they started, and are only in China?

One way or the other, I used to own English V30s, and now have Chinese ones. I don't miss the English ones at all to be honest. The Chinese ones sound the same, and are actually more reliable. My English ones started coming unglued at the caps after about a year...had to get them remounted...the Chinese ones are still going strong.

To each his own :thumbsup:
+1 I dont have the slightest issue buying Chinese Celestions.

On a similar note, I was watching TV and there was this hour long documentry on current Chinese manufacturing facilities. It was very impressive. China has numerous manufacturing CITIES. That's right, cities. They are absolutely huge. The employees live there, shop there, eat there and even get married and raise families there.
Everything is so organized and full of modern technology. These aren't sweat shops with 11 year olds making Hot Wheels cars or men and women in sandals with straw hats either. The workers there are educated, dedicated employees. Their attention to detail, quality control and pride in their work is unreal.
I actually think they turn out a better product in some cases then England or the US (flameshield)

^I have to say, I agree in many cases. The Chinese are so dedicated and attentive in their work that I don't see the problem in the slightest with Chinese craftsmanship.

Get some Celestions and enjoy them :rock:

I don't believe that things in general are of a lower quality if they come from China. It seems like it has much more to do with their cost and design than place of manufacture. Like I said earlier, I doubt the Chinese Celestions are discernible from the English ones.

However, I don't support their government at all. There are some basic rights I feel everyone is entitled to and the Chinese citizens are deprived of. Moreover, I'm in full support of paying more money to Americans, who will turn right around and put it into America, than to China, who import very little from us. Also, check this out:

http://www.infoworld.com/d/security-cen ... ttacks-258

Sorry to the OP. If you've got a lead on $80 G12K-100s, I'm sure you'd do just fine with that purchase. :thumbsup:

Does anybody know how Chinese G12K-100s compare with English ones? I can buy brand new Chinese ones for ~$80 per piece in local music store.
I like that speakers and I'm planning them for CAA 2X12. Any more advices?
Bump for old thread.
Dis you ever compare the two? K100s were briefly made in the UK prior to 2003.
I can't hear any difference, just like I can't tell any difference with my UK and Chinese CL80s.

My China V30/K100 loaded Bogner sounds massive and fat.

I also love Chinese V30s as much as UK. My China V30s sit in a mix well.

Not that particular speaker, however I have compared a V30 made in UK vs a V30 Chinese and the difference was minimal. Pretty much the same kind of difference you would get by comparing 4 of the same speakers in a 4x12 cab.

G12K100 was never made in England.

The old G12K-85 was and is 95 % the same speaker.

I feel the old G12H-100 is slightly better than either of those.
I used to own a pair of Peavey 412MS 4x12 cabs (for the VTM series amp head) and the Peavey 212MS 2x12 stereo cabs for over 10 years. The cabs were solid, well built, no rattles, and the Celestion G12K-85 speakers had a balanced sound that could take a beating with the power amps that I've used on both the 2x12 & 4x12 cabs. I only blew up only 2 of them out of the whole time that I owned them. I wasn't into speaker swapping like I am today, didn't know about how to get a good tone, but was able to get a good tone from the G12K-85 speakers. It took me awhile, but I figured it out. I'm surprised that all of a sudden the G12K-85 speakers became a favorite with guitar players these days. That being said, I own the Chinese made Celestion speakers and have no issue with the sound or how it was produced. I thought everyone in this forum is either into Celestion Vintage 30/Greenback/G12C or Electrovoice EV12L speakers these days.

Guitar George

Check the film obama executive produced [trailer below] it's still on netflix i think - on how the Chinese out preform USA workers at lower wages.
At one point in the film a Chinese executive mentioned to the Chinese plant workers at a meeting in the Ohio plant that Chinese workers are just plain superior, and also referred to USA workers metaphorically as "Donkeys" whose fur should stroked with the grain and not against as to not upset.

They are superior and need less to survive and Of course they do this with no unionized benefits [in the usa as well as china] and lower safety standards [in china] as well as polluting a lot more which is destroying their environment - see the recent sandstorms that turned Beijing into the most polluted highest ppm index in the world this week.
A for speakers i only by scumback or vintage celestions sorry I can't help.

Back