Face down in the gutter (XYZ) tone

Morin Preamp and Arredondo Modded Marshall, I think ADA MP1 for clean parts, and I've read somewhere a boss sd1 for solos

It is my understanding that it is the Morin stuff, however you could also get that sound with a DSL and a boost. Its not really that "magic", it just sounds really good.

It was probably a 1.5U prototype Morin preamp into his loop modded Marshall. You can see it in some live videos.

download-1.png

It is my understanding that it is the Morin stuff, however you could also get that sound with a DSL and a boost. Its not really that "magic", it just sounds really good.
Not even close... my DSL isn’t even in the same hemisphere as my morin modded Marshall.

Thanks. I did a little digging. It looks like it might have been a Morin preamp an a SLO. :dunno: Always loved the tone though.
This is correct, and documented I believe by mike morin himself. Morin preamp with Marshall power amp, SLO for overdubs and some solos etc.

Not even close... my DSL isn’t even in the same hemisphere as my morin modded Marshall.
I’m not saying that it is in the grand scheme of things, but if you can’t get 90% of the way to the Hungry tone with a DSL and an SD1, user error it is.

Back