Online sales

alowerdeep

What has happened to online buying and selling over the last 10 years?People used to email/call when they paid,shipped, received,etc.....now you dont hear Jack from most people buying or selling and it's starting to get this way on reverb/Ebay....the only solace there is reverb will cover you in a loss or damages item though you pay extra.....can remember when these forums were so cool.....bought an amp from what was supposed to be an upstanding member on tgp that was damaged in shipping and it took the guy several days to even acknowledge, I also had to message him to make sure he got the payment.. ..what's going on with these online transactions anymore?

This, and multitudes of other threads about this bullshit is now why I let a local shop sell my stuff on consignment.

Maybe I’ve just been lucky but every person I’ve dealt with recently has been cool, provided lots of information, and kept in touch throughout the process

What has happened to online buying and selling over the last 10 years?People used to email/call when they paid,shipped, received,etc.....now you dont hear Jack from most people buying or selling and it's starting to get this way on reverb/Ebay....the only solace there is reverb will cover you in a loss or damages item though you pay extra.....can remember when these forums were so cool.....bought an amp from what was supposed to be an upstanding member on tgp that was damaged in shipping and it took the guy several days to even acknowledge, I also had to message him to make sure he got the payment.. ..what's going on with these online transactions anymore?
Like everything else in the world now, the new normal is lack of accountability, lack of consideration and lack of respect.

Amazon and McDonald's state of mind brother. People need to get there heads out of there phones and get back to living life the way it used to be IMO...
Agreed.
You ever hear people talk about we're living in a
simulation?
Well, people who live on their phones ARE living in a simulation..of machine learning algorithms.
A bonafide labyrinth of lunacy.
Us out here?
F'n jammin' & living in the now.

Seems the 'well oiled scoobs' on the internet know how to play the algorithmic disputes more then the actual human they're dealing with.
Kinda painting you in the corner if you apply human honesty.
The soul of a "digital friend"?..Data.
You bastards.

1st time customer for Musician's Friend (fiend).

Ordered a UA Apollo x6 ($2199.00).

Got an open box used item.

Called and gave hell; shipped it back.

Asked them if I ordered another could they guarantee me a new, never-opened item.

Dude said they couldn't guarantee that. On a two-thousand dollar fucking item!

I got the Apollo elsewhere.

I'm not done with these fucks. Not even.

Customer service has never been a consistently smokin great thing anyways, but today it is practically non-existent.

Part of the reason why is because over the phone and internet, people don't have to be face-to-face (and therefore suffer direct consequences).

A lot of companies are shipping their customer services to overseas, too. Really shitty broken English. Cheap motherfuckers.

53wwzs.gif

I'd rather just go back to forum selling and postal mo or cashiers checks. Done and done.

Back