Who's got the quad cortex?

The only reason that I didn't move on it is that i heard there was lag between presets, which kind of ruins it for me

Neural's approach is geared toward using scenes (up to 8 per preset) instead of presets for in-song switching.

From what I've read the preset lag has already been fixed though.

Or grab a B stock FM3 for $899 when they’re available.
I really like what I hear from the Fractal units. The thing that has always kept me from jumping on one is that it seems most people recommend using the computer to build/edit patches. That just completely kills the creative process for me. In that aspect, the QC looks killer from what I’ve seen so far. If it ends up delivering on even 90% of the hype, I’d seriously consider the jump. What I don’t want to do is become a $1600 beta tester.

I really like what I hear from the Fractal units. The thing that has always kept me from jumping on one is that it seems most people recommend using the computer to build/edit patches. That just completely kills the creative process for me. In that aspect, the QC looks killer from what I’ve seen so far. If it ends up delivering on even 90% of the hype, I’d seriously consider the jump. What I don’t want to do is become a $1600 beta tester.
I'm with you. But I am impatient. Decided to buy a wizard instead

Clean presets sound good to me. I think that has been the general consensus. The gain-and by gain, I don't meaan an OD on a fender twin; but rip your fucking face off gain-is what the rest of us are concerned with. And of course being able to switch between the two.

Clean presets sound good to me. I think that has been the general consensus. The gain-and by gain, I don't meaan an OD on a fender twin; but rip your fucking face off gain-is what the rest of us are concerned with. And of course being able to switch between the two.

Ever played a Neural Plug-In? I have a bunch of them and the biggest complaint has always been that Neural can only do 'rip your fucking face off'.
The Corey Wong one last year proved they could do it all.

Wait until you play through the Neural Fortin Nameless!

I have the cali. I think it is good. But i got tired of trying to emulate a real zuul and just hooked my rig up to the computer
Haven't used the plug in for months

I have the cali. I think it is good. But i got tired of trying to emulate a real zuul and just hooked my rig up to the computer
Haven't used the plug in for months

Funny, Cali is one of only two from them (Nolly the other) where I couldn't get settled in and finally gave up on them.

I haven't had my PC set-up in about a year, just amps until the Stomp a couple weeks back, and now a QC on the way.
I'm at the point I can overlook any shortcomings with the L6 because it's just so simple, and I don't mind just leaving
it on all day. By all accounts the Quad should be a step up in all aspects, and it's still as simple a setup.

Dude with the red jazzmaster looking thing in that last vid was playing some super cool stuff....i’ma have to look him up

They will blame the user and not repair his mixer damage.

Or they will get right on it and make things right.

Jeez, Debbie Downer much?

There's 1,000 units in the field (from what I've read) and lots of feedback. Plus
all of the use/testing by the YT reviewers before it shipped, and this is the first
I've heard of this issue.

I wouldn't say "shipped with a flaw" based on the info so far. If it happens with
others and we see a stop ship and/or recall then the sky is falling.

I've been following all of the forum feedback and it's pretty wild how many folks seem
to be eagerly waiting for the Quad to go up in flames or prove to be a bad unit.

Hmmm. I wonder............... :D

EDIT: Neural's on it. At first glance the damage doesn't make sense. Should be enough voltage/current to fry a mixer.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...p-quad-cortex.2110791/page-1061#post-32353870

Last edited:
Or they will get right on it and make things right.

Jeez, Debbie Downer much?

There's 1,000 units in the field (from what I've read) and lots of feedback. Plus
all of the use/testing by the YT reviewers before it shipped, and this is the first
I've heard of this issue.

I wouldn't say "shipped with a flaw" based on the info so far. If it happens with
others and we see a stop ship and/or recall then the sky is falling.

I've been following all of the forum feedback and it's pretty wild how many folks seem
to be eagerly waiting for the Quad to go up in flames or prove to be a bad unit.

Hmmm. I wonder............... :D

EDIT: Neural's on it. At first glance the damage doesn't make sense. Should be enough voltage/current to fry a mixer.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...p-quad-cortex.2110791/page-1061#post-32353870
I’m not Debbie downer, I just know from experience that companies rarely do anything right and always blame the consumer.

I’m sure the guy on TGP will post his results with neural... or they will send their lawyers after him to cease and desist. Character is tested when you’re up against it.

As I posted above my friends Quad cortex didn’t work.

Back