So I returned an item on Ebay because it wasn't fully functional, now the seller say his accounts are locked and can't refund my CC

Lots of people out of work and paying bills immediately. One bad transaction can throw people into financial ruin. Sucks for both but i understand the situation. Im locked out of reverb because I owe for fees. I thought they take them out from the sale. Oh well never been this broke

I am more understanding and patient than most... but ones situation does not give license to sell items that have issues and describe them as mint and barely used then try to imply that the buyer may have broken the item as it was perfect when in his ownership.

That being said... he has stopped arguing about it and seems the be working on getting the refund sent within the next 3-5 days according to his latest message,, I will give him another 5 days before I invoke Ebay's collection process where Ebay steps in to resolve it.

I am fully aware of the economic strife going on out there. I'm sympathetic if it puts the guy in a bind if he is unemployed and scrimping for bills but I should not be forced to accept a defective item because he claims it is fine, that a deceptive business practice and dishonest. I can guarantee the next person to buys this item it will have the same issues that I found with it.

Make sure you escalate the case
This. Press the issue.. Fuck him, call Ebay. They'll see that he has the item through tracking, and you'll get your money ASAP, and he'll be SOL. His account will go negative, (if it hasn't already) - not your problem.

This dude is shady. File claim ASAP. His act of subterfuge is bogus and it sounds like it is harshing your mellow big time bruh! You should not have to go through any irritation due to the fact this dude is a weasel!

They do take them out of sale. Not sure how you could owe them. What they transfer to your account should be net.

Not how it used to work for me when I used Reverb. I'd get the gross amount with taxes, fees etc... The taxes and fees were deducted monthly on a separate statement. Unless it's changed at some point.

I refuse to use Reverb anymore. It's been at least a year since I've bought or sold anything from there.

Not how it used to work for me when I used Reverb. I'd get the gross amount with taxes, fees etc... The taxes and fees were deducted monthly on a separate statement. Unless it's changed at some point.

I refuse to use Reverb anymore. It's been at least a year since I've bought or sold anything from there.
Same here. I won’t use them. I am done.

I once sold a piece of rack gear on Ensy. Think was a eq or some type of phaser. Really easy to hook up.. guy kept complaining to me it didn’t work. Hissy mess he said. Idiot did not know how to run it in a signal. Just plugged his guitar into it. Hooked up backwards to the amp. What a waste of time. Like a month going back and fortjh. He sent it back. I tried it. Worked perfectly. Refunded him within 10 minutes. Jeez. What a headache.
Yep. I sold an old Fuzz Face on Reverb. Buyer said it didn't work. Asked him to take a picture of it hooked up. He had the inputs and outputs mixed up. 🤦‍♂️

I thought I would update you guys about this transaction. The seller asked for a 3-5 day grace period to refund me through Ebay. I agreed to give him the 5 day period before I invoked the forced Ebay refund process.

On day 5 the seller refunded me fully, so I reciprocated in posting positive feedback that reflected that the seller resolved issue professionally as well as being a fast shipper, so now his accounts if they were ever locked should be unlocked now.

You’re nice. I wouldn’t have left him anything.
Glad there is a positive ending though.
Yeah... at a certain point you have to weigh trying to be excessively punitive versus just trying to negotiate an acceptable outcome.

I am a man of my word and when I asked for a return/refund I told him when the refund went through I would leave positive feedback but it was noted there was a issue that was resolved. Probably the best outcome I could have hoped for so I'll be happy with that.

Yeah... at a certain point you have to weigh trying to be excessively punitive versus just trying to negotiate an acceptable outcome.

I am a man of my word and when I asked for a return/refund I told him when the refund went through I would leave positive feedback but it was noted there was a issue that was resolved. Probably the best outcome I could have hoped for so I'll be happy with that.
You’re old school. If everyone was like that the world will be a better place

Last edited:
Back