FS: Mills Afterburner 4x12 straight cabinet $500

Not sure. I just saw the reverb thread though. Changed my PW there and requested Reverb deletes my account
So this cabinet was for sale under your account on REVERB as well?

I knew once the response was "THE SALE CONTINUES" instead of an explanation something wasn't right... that was way out of character for you.

So if this account takeover has happened to Madnotez on Reverb and here then this rasies the Red Flage about ghost account takeovers on EBAY and for the rest of here on Rig Talk. Stay vigilant gents!

Looks like were are going to have to police and scrutinize the classifieds here more closely from here on out.

I'm glad fellow Rigtalkers are keeping tabs on strange happenings.

Last edited:
So this cabinet was for sale under your account on REVERB as well?

I knew once the response was "THE SALE CONTINUES" instead of an explanation something wasn't right... that was way out of character for you.

So it this account takeover happening to Madnotez on Reverb and here then this rasies the Red Flage about ghost account takeovers on EBAY and for the rest of here on Rig Talk. Stay vigilant gents!

Looks like were are going to have to police and scrutinize the classifieds here more closely from here on out.
Back when I actually had the Mills for sale it was also on Reverb, yes.

Not sure if Reverb had anything to do with my account here getting hacked or not but I requested Reverb deletes my account anyway just in case.

This is insane. I have zero faith that any RT for sale ad is legit now. I won’t buy unless I call and talk to the seller I guess. Sad.

I saw the JJ Jr for sale and it says “1200
Shipped” in bold just like this cab was listed. I immediately thought,”we’ll that’s too much of a risk already.”

This is how it should've always been for any sale on the internet for anyone with a brain. Anything less is asking to get fucked
Sure. But when a known member here posted something for sale I never had a need to speak to them directly. They had credibility and good feedback.

This is a different scenario than a random person posting a for sale ad somewhere. Crooks are now infiltrating personal forum profiles.

If anybody uses the same username and password as reverb...or any other site for that matter...then you could be next.
My identity got stolen from one of the hacks and a stolen forum account is the least of your worries. bank cards showing up in the mail on a monthly basis. Just waiting for the feds to come accusing me if funneling cash to the cartels. Nothing you can really do to stop it once it happens. Fuxk these scumbags.

Sure. But when a known member here posted something for sale I never had a need to speak to them directly. They had credibility and good feedback.

This is a different scenario than a random person posting a for sale ad somewhere. Crooks are now infiltrating personal forum profiles.
Yeah man it's crazy and I'm the same way. There's a decent circle of members that have been selling gear forever on here who I would PayPal gift without a second thought.

If the hacker wasnt such a moron he may have gotten over on someone too unfortunately. But I guess these days people will have to double check these things. It is sad to be honest.

sad but true in the above,

i'm sure the hackers will learn, or not care about the small fry bs,

"this is legal"

is still pretty funny

Back