Any P90 Converts Here?

I fucking LOVE my P90 loaded LP. Seriously my favorite all time guitar.
I was ready to unload my LP Deluxe. I had a set of Tyson Tone 57 P90's that I had purchased for another guitar that I ended up selling. Installed the P90's and it became a completely different instrument.

I have an SG Jr with a single P90 and a Les Paul Special with dual P90's. They both sound great. I just hate trying to managing the hum. I generally play in Madison Spare Bedroom by myself or in a garage with some friends, so it's hard to get any distance from the amp...
HOMEMADE HOTSAUCE MASTER RETURNS!!!! :worship:

Yo Braddah!!
Good to see ya here :2thumbsup:

To me Jazzmaster pickups win that award

I wouldn't say I'm a p90 "convert" but I do love the shit out of them
Well, then there's the 'Trons, TVs, and Sonics - all them weird Gretsch pups that look like cheese graters/radiators, but within the field of "usual" or "common", ya, Jazzmasters are up there too.

But soapbar P90s?? I'm a Lester fanboi and always cringed at those pups from their 56' era of guitars. Then I played one. Now I own several. They just sound awesome.

Everyone forgets the classic Black Sabbath sound is P90’s.
I really like the rawness and edginess of them for dirty sounding classic rock. I’ve been debating on getting one of the recent LP Classics that had P90s as I don’t have one right now and all my other guitars have humbuckers.

I love them.

Neck, A4, polished, low wind for that piano clean and stinging leads, especially with a .015mf cap wired 50's style rolled back, ala "Woman" tone.

Bridge? 10-12K with A5. Phat Cats do really well with mag swaps, though they are a bit too overwound in the neck for my preference. Switching to 10's helped, but I like wound strings to punch hard without bass flub in this position.

Lynn Burke over at Blues City Music has some Fat Tone retro-90's that are KIIIIIILLLLLLLLER you can get for a song, like $30-$40 if you want to try some HB sized P90's. Can't recommend them enough.

Back