New Yngwie single

controlled_voltage

Banned
Happy Friday dudes ....Stingray Marmalade is at it again!

"Noooooooooooooooo DON"T TREAD ON ME"

Here's my review of this track:

Is there a bassline? Hello bass? bass?

Killer toontrack drum production dude!
The drums are not mixed well.

Lyrics are horrendously silly and immature af.
Think Middle school english class level.....no......wait.....elementary school.....

The actual rhythm guitar track is pretty cool

His lead playing is fucking fast as hell and totally over the top but not memorable in any way.
FULL SHRED is evident and every know trick and lick Stringray is capable of is in this track!
His tone while adequate is unremarkable but serviceable in the context of the track.

Vocals are passable albeit in like a spinal tapish 7th grade way.

The video itself is so bad it's amazing!

In fact the video is the best part of the song.

i suggest you turn down the sound ,watch the video and cue up any track from the first 2 Yngwie albums and ROCK THE FUCK OUT!!

In conclusion I suppose it's like watching a 90 pound freakish bespectacled gimp /submissive guy fully enjoying getting his balls stomped, kicked and pissed on by a 300 pound leather clad tranny dominatrix but in this case we the audience are the unwilling submissive party and Yngwie is the donut hating fury unleashing dominatrix.
FINAL GRADE - B for medieval beastiality and tasteless fast food cliche ridden yngwie burgers!

Last edited:
I made it to the NO then checked out

Goddamn that fucking sucks :LOL:
Lol. It does man. How cheesy can a song get?

I forced myself to listen to most of it. Fortunately I am able to mentally block vocals from a song. I made it until after the solo.

Asking myself why the fuck is half of his solo an already written jingle is what I left with mostly.

Dude is super clean and fast with the leads but this one just reminded me of what Kerry King would play on a good day or something.

I asked Ritchie Blackmore's opinion on YJM's playing while attending a YJM show. Ritchie replied; "That's a lot of notes, isn't it." I tried to talk to YJM at Jani Lane's nightclub... Not happening!

I liked the guitar, but agree on the lack of bass. I listened on a nice home theater with sub but it was just thin and lacking the balls. I wish it had less Reverb on the guitars too, but all in all, I’m happy he’s still putting out new songs. Enjoyed it. Of course, the playing is always fun to listen to though.

Yngwie just need a bit more time as a producer, it's very difficult to compose, track the guitar, bass, vocals,etc. then mix and all. He's doing the job of 4-5 people easily. But the good thing, he is painting the whole picture alone! only few musicians can do that.

Yngwie just need a bit more time as a producer, it's very difficult to compose, track the guitar, bass, vocals,etc. then mix and all. He's doing the job of 4-5 people easily. But the good thing, he is painting the whole picture alone! only few musicians can do that.
And I'm sure he's enjoying it, and enjoying life. He's doing his thing. I compose, play guitar, keyboards, etc., mix and do what I can. It's more enjoyable than being in a band and compromising. Nothing against the latter... sometimes the best music is the result of collaboration. But I'm doing what I like.

Dude can still rip it up that’s for sure, not a fan of the overall production, drums, vocals, etc...

If it came out that the lyrics were created by an algorithm or “metal song lyric generator” website I would not be surprised in the least.

Also wtf happened at like 5:03-5:06, bad splice / edit?

Lol was just coming to post this. So frigging funny. I feel like his voice is good enough for laying down scratch tracks of what he wants real singers to sing. The drums sound like one of 4 backing tracks he has been using on his albums the last 10 years. I think I hear everything he has ever written in this one plus a Paganini or whoever rip off in the solo. Deja-vu riff is in there right after the solo. I just laughed the whole way through there. A cataclysmic mess. Tone was bad, production, playing all over the place. Too good not to come here and read the comments.

Back