Who's got the quad cortex?

Quick JCM 800 patch. Stock cabs, Rat and OCD boosting. Starts just the amp and cab with some verb.

And this is an organ patch I made:

Are you experiencing noise in your headphones as well that only goes away if you touch the unit or plug something into the XLR’s? That seems to be an issue with quite a few people, just like the USB recording adding artifacts and making recording impossible for quite a few on the NDSP forum/TGP. They’ve got a lot of catching up to do WHILE fixing these bugs.

Sorry, didn't address this in my first response.

I don't use headphones with it, nor plan to. And honestly I don't want to try it and possibly ruin the fun I'm having. :ROFLMAO:
No issues at all with the XLRs other than they don't light up on the display when something is plugged in - normal.
I'm also not planning on doing any recording so I'll find out about the USB when they release the Desktop app.

The issue with the screen is real in regard to touch sensitivity. Clean it works perfect but once it gets a bit oily it
starts to gum up. The ability to adjust sensitivity is already in the pipe.

Regarding the dead pixel issue that currently has everyone's hair on fire over at TGP????
There's an industry QC standard for that quality of screen. The retail price was set based on that.

If people expected perfection the price would have been a lot higher. I'm not even going to take the time to inspect
my (Carl Sagan voice) billions and billions of pixels to see if any have gone out. :D

Last edited:
Sorry, didn't address this in my first response.

I don't use headphones with it, nor plan to. And honestly I don't want to try it and possibly ruin the fun I'm having. :ROFLMAO:
No issues at all with the XLRs other than they don't light up on the display when something is plugged in - normal.
I'm also not planning on doing any recording so I'll find out about the USB when they release the Desktop app.

The issue with the screen is real in regard to touch sensitivity. Clean it works perfect but once it gets a bit oily it
starts to gum up a bit. The ability to adjust sensitivity is already in the pipe.

Regarding the dead pixel issue that currently has everyone's hair on fire over at TGP????
There's an industry QC standard for that quality of screen. The retail price was set based on that.

If people expected perfection the price would have been a lot higher. I'm not even going to take the time to inspect
my (Carl Sagan voice) billions and billions of pixels to see if any have gone out. :D
Oh LORD! He posted the dead pixel at TGP? I saw it on a Facebook group.

I agree on the screen sensitivity. After 20 minutes of making patches, it took 7-8 swipes up to get my scenes/stomp menu to come up.

Oh LORD! He posted the dead pixel at TGP? I saw it on a Facebook group.

I agree on the screen sensitivity. After 20 minutes of making patches, it took 7-8 swipes up to get my scenes/stomp menu to come up.

Technically, someone else posted it and the pitchforks came out.

I’ve never dealt with that issue so I don’t know how much it’d bother me. I tend to be accepting of shit like that, dents in a new guitar or finish flaws as long as it plays well. I can imagine I’d be the same with a modeling unit, I’d just have that little tinge of “Damnit” every time I saw it until I stopped giving a shit.

I think the reactions on TGP are the result of the delays and lack of a completed product being pushed out, some of those guys have had their units delayed multiple times and they’ve already seen every video, they’re done waiting and each negative review or issue raised is stacking up and adding to the frustration.

it seems like this new fangled flavor of the week is not really ready for release

They simply should have labeled it a Beta and given end users the option to be
an early adopter. Many would have chose to wait until the official 1.00 release.

I like playing with Betas. A few don't get the concept and can sometimes make
mountains over mole hills over things that they should know from experience will be
easily fixed via firmware.

One of the things that always makes me chuckle about updates (if you read them line
by line) is they always contain a lot of fixes for things you never even knew were a problem.
That stuff shouldn't start life with 3 pages over on TGP.

it seems like this new fangled flavor of the week is not really ready for release
Oh it was pretty well documented it was limping out... not sure why anyone was upset. Launched with less than half of the features and stuff it was supposed to come with. I see the long term awesome though... IF they can support it.

They simply should have labeled it a Beta and given end users the option to be
an early adopter. Many would have chose to wait until the official 1.00 release.

I like playing with Betas. A few don't get the concept and can sometimes make
mountains over mole hills over things that they should know from experience will be
easily fixed via firmware.

One of the things that always makes me chuckle about updates (if you read them line
by line) is they always contain a lot of fixes for things you never even knew were a problem.
That stuff shouldn't start life with 3 pages over on TGP.
I was a Beta tester for the Valeton GP100... that was a pleasure, honor and fun... and the firmware updates in any case... beta or not. I'm OK with Betas. So many new firmware updates with the Fractal stuff, as an example.

That's who I was thinking of when I gave the "they fixed something I didn't even know was broken" example. :D
Same here... I ran a certain firmware with zero issues... but, with the next release, they talk about all the fixes. This suggests that I barely scratch the surface in how I use it. I prefer composing and jamming, etc., rather than getting into every nitpick detail of the stuff. I'm a gear nerd with limitations.

I ran a certain firmware with zero issues... but, with the next release, they talk about all the fixes. This suggests that I barely scratch the surface in how I use it.

And right on cue this just popped up on TGP.

qc.jpg

And right on cue this just popped up on TGP.

View attachment 77733
I concur if there was nothing out there. I have a FM3, and it sounds 'ok' on its own (different people have different pickups and different needs, and so you can't please everyone). I find Leon Todd's stuff very good with dialing in the FM3, and the tones are fantastic. Not sure if the Quad has that type of 'fanatic' doing different tips and techniques, but it goes a long way.

For the digital crowd that likes digging deep, and get good at it, (like Leon and Cooper Carter)
Fractal is the modeler for you.

QC has moved the bar, in different directions for sure, but moved nonetheless. The number of folks
dumping FM3s less than two months into a brand new device should send a message to all competition.

Last edited:
That is the most realistic Marshall tone I ever heard from a modeler/profiler. (y)

Some of the stock models aren't very good. Some are pretty good.

The Marshalls are scary good! Especially the 2203.

I've been following all of the various Quad Cortex threads on different forums
and while you find folks on different sides of the like and dislike fences,
I've not read a single user say anything negative about the Marshalls.

Last edited:
Some of the stock models aren't very good. Some are pretty good.

The Marshalls are scary good! Especially the 2203.

I've been following all of the various Quad Cortex threads on different forums
and while you find folks on different sides of the like and dislike fences,
I've not read a single user say anything negative about the Marshalls.
Yeah man for sure. The Diezel VH4 model is uncommonly bad. I don’t like the SLO model either on the Lead one. The Crunch mode is ok at best. The Marshalls, EVH and Friedman are stellar though.

For the digital crowd that likes digging deep, and get good at it, (like Leon and Cooper Carter)
Fractal is the modeler for you.

QC has moved the bar, in different directions for sure, but moved nonetheless. The number of folks
dumping FM3s less than two months into a brand new device should send a message to all competition.

Nah.

It's all in your mind.

Quoted.....

In any case, I recently picked up the Quad Cortex but am severely disappointed. It has NOTHING compared to the Axe Fx III. I know it's still in its infancy, but it'll be many years before it's even a fraction as functional as Fractal gear. I'm planning to return it or sell it most likely, and my eyes have once again come back to the FM3.

Use what works for you.

Back