Into The Arena...like a girl

They look like shit but she played that incredibly well. Impressive and I am usually a huge critic of people that try to sound like icons. But yes she is over the top... like that Italian dude who plays Angus with all the faces and owns that pedal company. Another complaint, If the rythm guitar player in this band played any higher he'd be up his own nose. Lower that thing man.

Self promotion... What's wrong with that?

Come on, put your name on the bass drum head and be done with it.
Pretty sure her name is on the ticket or the marquee of the place anyway. :D

She's freaking incredible at doing her thing though!
That's the kind of player you don't ever want to cut heads with.

Last edited:
Self promotion... What's wrong with that? If she sucked, that would be another story.

Because like her stage presence it’s over the top and looks dumb. A banner in the background? Cool. Maybe the name on the kick drum? Ok. Every cab lit up, multiple logos on the drum shield, band members wearing band merch?? No. Your logo can only appear once on stage, not 20

Come on, put your name on the bass drum head and be done with it.
Pretty sure her name is on the ticket or the marquee of the place anyway. :D

She's freaking incredible at doing her thing though!
That's the kind of player you don't ever want to cut heads with.
As usual, I was attempting to elicit conversation beyond the general topic. Yeah, that's a lot of self-promotion, especially for a cover player. Does she do originals? She's good... Not as good as me, but good. :)

Last edited:
Because like her stage presence it’s over the top and looks dumb. A banner in the background? Cool. Maybe the name on the kick drum? Ok. Every cab lit up, multiple logos on the drum shield, band members wearing band merch?? No. Your logo can only appear once on stage, not 20
Except she is pulling it off because she’s a badass...playing & vocals. Good for her. The rest of the band should also be wearing her name on their foreheads:hys:

She‘s doing great replacing Kotzen on vocals & guitar. Tearing it up beside Sheehan:thumbsup:

Born in Romania and now in her 30s. The V is because she's a huge Schenker fan. (y)

Guess she's been a name in the US for quite some time - looks pretty young here with Luke.

kris.jpg

She reminds me of EVH in that it's impossible to find a picture of her with a guitar on and she's not smiling and looking happy.

I take back the 'looks creepy' comment.

Born in Romania and now in her 30s. The V is because she's a huge Schenker fan. (y)

Guess she's been a name in the US for quite some time - looks pretty young here with Luke.

View attachment 80078

She reminds me of EVH in that it's impossible to find a picture of her with a guitar on and she's not smiling and looking happy.

I take back the 'looks creepy' comment.
I love that she doesn't pollute the songs with excessive preamp distortion. A great 70's era rock tone, for sure. Gibson Flying V into a Marshall... It just doesn't get any better.

I went to see MSG at the Beecham Theater back in 88. Two songs into the show, and someone starts a fire in a trash can. The show was cancelled then moved to a local bar in Longwood. I didn't go, and neither did Michael Schenker. He was in an early stage of sobriety and refused to attend bars. His auxiliary guitarist finished the show, which by all accounts was quite good.

Back