SOLD

GJgo

*SOLD*

I've been keeping an eye out for a Mark III Coliseum for some time now. SimulClass preferred, but I can't be too picky. No one wants to sell, can't say I blame them! So, I figured to hopefully spark some motivation I'd put my Blackface rev F Triple Recto that Mike B. serviced for me in 2019 up as trade bait to see if that changes anyone's mind. It has a slipcover, footswitch and road case & is 100% functional. If you have a III Coli that Mike B. has serviced in the last few years I'm even more interested. If you want to talk, let me know!

Last edited:
Sorta like a modular Coliseum

E579-A41-E-48-AF-44-D6-8-DC9-EE3-A1713-C499.jpg

Studio Pre with an M180 power amp (same transformers as the Coli, seems to have the similar driver/phase inverter layout, etc).

Not worth nearly as much as your Triple, so I wouldn't expect you to trade for it but I'm looking to sell since I've gone digital lately.

How would you value a blackface rev f? I have one though it’s a dual. Just curious
That's a tough question these days with all the prices going crazy, plus Mesa not taking any new orders for the rest of the year, plus Mike B. being 8 weeks out on service & he may or may not ever mod again. It's a good bet that prices are only going up for the vintage amps.

For most Rectos I think duals & Triples have about the same value. For the F though I think the Triple might carry a couple hundred extra because it's the only 2 channel serial loop Triple. And, the early Triples are ANIMALS even through the really early Gs that were small logo- I used to have one of those as well that I sold to a guy here. Also the chrome blackface always command a premium, maybe in the $400-ish range?

I had an off-the-cuff response to a couple guys here as far as trade value, and since it's come up I've been thinking about it more critically. For the chrome /blackface F Triple that's been Mike serviced like mine, in the current market I'd put it around $3500. For one that's not been serviced I'd say closer to $3K. For a blackface dual I'd knock a couple hundred off that. IMO when Mike does finally retire, the price gap between vintage Boogies that have vs. have not been serviced will widen significantly.

So to put a number on it for my Triple which comes with the footswitch, slip cover & road case, I'd sell it for $3600 F&F shipped.

I could also be distracted by a Wizard MCII / MTL 100 with an effects loop.

Last edited:

Studio Pre with an M180 power amp (same transformers as the Coli, seems to have the similar driver/phase inverter layout, etc).

Not worth nearly as much as your Triple, so I wouldn't expect you to trade for it but I'm looking to sell since I've gone digital lately.
Thanks man but I'm not really into rack gear.

E579-A41-E-48-AF-44-D6-8-DC9-EE3-A1713-C499.jpg

I have the same power amp. I'm going to take it to Mike tomorrow for secret squirrel mods :)

Let's call it a necessary evil. The only thing better than a C+/++ is one slaved into M-180 that's had the business proper.

Last edited:
There's nothing to say. I'm sworn to secrecy, if you were me you would be too😎

Last edited:
Mike just called...almost done but it needs new sockets. He powered it up and hooked up a speaker to it and listened to music all day yesterday in the shop. He said it sounds great. Nothing like the Coliseum power section😎

Last edited:
Back