NAD, Friedman Mini BE

acev

Just got the Mini BE head today - sounds pretty good for such a tiny amp and looks very cute :) A little darker sounding than my EVH 5150, has lots of gain on tap. Its great for home playing, jamming and just having a fun time, it also sounds good at louder volumes. Its not going to replace your 50w and 100w tube heads though. I still need to play it some time for the full picture, but first impression is quite positive.

Quick crappy clip:

Congrats! Aren’t they great? I run mine like my actual heads. Lowest gain setting on the three way switch, gain knob just under halfway and then I hit it with an overdrive. It sounds and responds shockingly like the real thing. Super impressed by it.

well damn...that sounded good...really good!
looks like a toy,

may have missed what you're running it through?

well damn...that sounded good...really good!
looks like a toy,

may have missed what you're running it through?
Thanks !
I boosted it slightly with Maxon od808 and then to Engl Cab with G12-65. Line out to effects and then to power amp and two 1x12 cabs for the wet sound. Some chorus and delay engaged.

Congrats! Aren’t they great? I run mine like my actual heads. Lowest gain setting on the three way switch, gain knob just under halfway and then I hit it with an overdrive. It sounds and responds shockingly like the real thing. Super impressed by it.
Yes, they are very cool. Even if they would sound bad, people would still buy them :)

Sounded great! I am going to buy one and run it with a PS2 to see how that works out.

sounds good. I had a Mini DS , it had a big sound with a 4x12 and no problems getting all the volume needed with hard rock band.

Sounded great! I am going to buy one and run it with a PS2 to see how that works out.

Thanks, I will try to run it into EVH FX return.

Its a fun little amp, but still a good high gain amp of course sounds better. When I switched to EVH, it just sounds massive compared to Mini.

I plugged the BE Mini to EVH 5150 loop today - as expected it sounds bigger, less fizz, more low end, better feel. Sound quite good actually, I still prefer the EVH preamp section though :) Some pitch detune and delay on the clip

Back