My story of Trace Davis and Voodoo Amps (spoiler, I'm not stoked)

fukjJgWh-DKB2_iHd8-WgiCHlRF3_-s0ijGL4p7C24WsYOn3Ko0do14fVBFmIMt7l7TNKAxIosUC1NeiV2W4zvAomJz3o4YXFQYFbTDnI1Ne3sO4tZyiW16RpqMEc4CPtY6rLtXV-jeqeJh3d8ByGw8fJQ4RR8BvAnM

Trace gave me a tracking #.
Anyone wanna buy a 2203X?
@WOZ - dm me saying you’ll buy it and then don’t so we can be even and you’ll quit griping. :)

Fortus

This seems to be a rinse repeat with quite a few of these shops over the years. Cameron, Wilder, now Voodoo, Ear Candy, Mills...the list goes on. Unacceptable.
I was at Wilders house, he lived kind of near me. I wanted to hear his amp, and it sounded great. He copied that dudes amp who does the, “in the style of,” guitar videos. Forgot who modded that guys amp, but it sounded really good, at least the Marshall at Wilders house did.

initially, he wanted to make an amp signature model with that guy, but in the end, just took the mod and started to do the mod for his own modding business. I remember at first he was on the ball, turning amps out on time, and then I remember people complaining about not getting their amps back, and Wilder was using every excuse under the sun at that point.

too bad so many guys end up in this situation.

Eating popcorn here laughing at the insults.....I almost forgot what the point of the thread was!!!! Imagine if this was on Facebook! The SJW's would have you all banned for life. Glad there's still from free spaces to call each other dick lickers, faggots, Pole Squatters. and cock gobblers! MURICA!!!

Last edited:
Two things I learned from reading this whole thread:

1. never deal with Voodoo
2. Ozz posted more in this thread than the time he spent 16 messages on a deal that never happened.

Yeah he modded a XXX for me maybe 12 years ago. Held my amp for 7 months said it was damaged in shipping. Came back after 100 gd phone calls and it sounded like shit. The mod was garbage my local tech compared it to the work of a 5 year old. Also the amp had to be repaired wasn't switching correctly. Sold that POS as fast as possible lost plenty of money on it but wanted it gone. Luckily, back then Voodoo Amps was an internet legend and people were swallowing the BS like crazy. So did I......I guess. I chalk it up to a bad learning experience..........nowadays mods aren't needed for what I do with all the great pedals and other choices out there........but yeah I hate to see this type of crap......and even more hate people singing his praises..........garbage business and unethical person IMO.....

Last edited:
Eating popcorn here laughing at the insults.....I almost forgot what the point of the thread was!!!! Imagine if this was on Facebook! The SJW's would have you all banned for life. Glad there's still from free spaces to call each other dick lickers, faggots, Pole Squatters. and cock gobblers! MERICA!!!
You forgot my personal favorite.

dick-lunch.

I overhaul the entire preamp plus more on all of my mods. 9-14 hours about $625 then figure a loop later about $175 loop then plus shipping.

No payment until the owner is satisfied with video demo request work.

David Hopkins
This. David does great work and his mods sound awesome. You will get a ton of emails, texts and video's from David throughout the whole mod process. When he is done, your Marshall will still sound like a Marshall and will have a ton of added features to get you exactly where you want to be tone-wise. David has a great ear in dialing in the mods. If you want a great product and great customer service then I can attest for both David's work and character. You will be blown away by the attention from David after that 3 year nightmare you went through with VOODOO.

The Voodoo stuff has always sounded pretty bland, so you dodged a bullet I believe.

And you obviously dodged a bullet by not sending your money to this WOZ idiot. His conduct is that of the lowest common denominator of society.

The Voodoo stuff has always sounded pretty bland, so you dodged a bullet I believe.

And you obviously dodged a bullet by not sending your money to this WOZ idiot. His conduct is that of the lowest common denominator of society.
If I'm being honest, his amp as I recall was really nice and I regret that I didn't end up buying it so there's that.

Back