NAD! Accidental Mesa Dual Rec - Rev G

JerEvil

So weird story. Our “Peter” in one of my KISS tributes quit last week and we have a big show this weekend. Bass player finds a sub. Guy ends up being a sick drummer who’s played with Steely Dan, Meatloaf and all kinds of folks as a session guy and hired gun.

Turns out he owns a music shop here in town too. Brought him a couple guitars for setups and see this in passing. Thought it was a 50 single at first glance. Then peeked at the back and saw it was in fact NOT.

We shot the shot a bit about guitars and all. I ask how much he wants for it, he said he sold his last few 2-channel DR’s for $1450-1499.

He said he’d do $1200. Thing is minty. Time to head home and let it rip!

Rlp7ioIl.jpg

EcirIsJl.jpg

V8Cl6iql.jpg

qSQriSml.jpg

8lnILlel.jpg

dpHDALLl.jpg

4dLgVwo.jpg

HTf0MW0l.jpg

Last edited:
That’s such a good score and if you happen to get bored with it down the road, hit me up. I need a G. :p

Congrats! Mint shape too.

Now, if you want to make it tighter and brighter like earlier revisions check out the 'pre 500 mods' on the boogie board, I did just 5 of them(jumped 4 resistors and bypassed 1 LDR) and my F Triple got even better. Super easy and can be reverted back easily by using jumpers.

Congrats! Mint shape too.

Now, if you want to make it tighter and brighter like earlier revisions check out the 'pre 500 mods' on the boogie board, I did just 5 of them(jumped 4 resistors and bypassed 1 LDR) and my F Triple got even better. Super easy and can be reverted back easily by using jumpers.
I’ll have to check that out! Haven’t been on that board in ages. The guy I bought it from does amp work so although I know fuckall about amp repair, he’ll sort it. Definitely want to mod the loop as well.

Nice amp! Wish I had an early Recto, preferably a ractifier. A recto with a boost... it's hard to beat that setup for brutal guitar tone.

I’ll have to check that out! Haven’t been on that board in ages. The guy I bought it from does amp work so although I know fuckall about amp repair, he’ll sort it. Definitely want to mod the loop as well.
The mods are super simple and really affect the Red channel, making it more like a C revision while the Orange retains the 'Wall of sound' thing rectos are known for. Best of both worlds. But, the clean channel gets dirty so there's that lol...

The mods are super simple and really affect the Red channel, making it more like a C revision while the Orange retains the 'Wall of sound' thing rectos are known for. Best of both worlds. But, the clean channel gets dirty so there's that lol...
Im interested in this for my RevG. Can you message me the info? I'm gonna be inside my dual soon for a recap and want the revC on red chann

I clone red to orange and use both presences on red, but it's not rev c

Orange is fine as is for me

Looks like the one I bought new in 92 or 93 along with a matching Mesa 4 x 12 cabinet. Wish I never sold them but needed the money at the time.

Back