Anyone play or have an Ibanez Premium RG6PKAG Natural Flat

gbsmusic

I'm really interested in this guitar anybody have one or played 1 I'm looking to get a new guitar with a Floyd HSS pickups. Kinda looks like poor man's Reb Beach. I'd love to get a Suhr but they are just a little more than I want to spend. Any input or open to other ideas would be great. If you have something for sale that meets what I'm looking for let me know send me pics, thanks in advance. I don't need the ultra thin neck I'm not a fan but I don't know of any bigger neck guitars like this out there. I am trying to keep the cost under $1800.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...-premium-rg6pkag-electric-guitar-natural-flat

Attachments

• 84f95f-~edited_rg6pkag_ntf_1p_01_e.jpg
    84f95f-~edited_rg6pkag_ntf_1p_01_e.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
It seems like a cool guitar. This was a year for natural mahogany guitars with this one, the Charvel Made in Japan DK24 and the Charvel ProMod DK24, I think a free others. I was in heavy research mode and I went with the Charvel MJ and absolutely love it.

I’ve tried at least 3 Ibanez Premiums and a few more briefly in stores. They just don’t feel right to me, feels cheap, but they’re not cheap. If you do get one, I’d really be curious thoughts on it.

I’ve tried at least 3 Ibanez Premiums and a few more briefly in stores. They just don’t feel right to me, feels cheap, but they’re not cheap. If you do get one, I’d really be curious thoughts on it.
^this
I had exact feeling about Premium line. Not worth the money. With 1800$ in pocket You can get J. Custom or Suhr Modern Satin, which is even better and fit in visual with this Premium.

I was about to jump on this but ended up getting a Suhr Modern Satin for around the same price.

^this
I had exact feeling about Premium line. Not worth the money. With 1800$ in pocket You can get J. Custom or Suhr Modern Satin, which is even better and fit in visual with this Premium.
Where have you seen a Suhr for that price, I have been looking for one for a couple months and I haven't found anything below $2200. Thanks for the input

I think gold frets might freak me out in this one. If I read that correctly
I thought the same thing I don't know about them it just seems like a very cool guitar. I don't think that would make me not want to buy it though

Premiums are hit or miss and even as a huge Ibanez fan, I have no qualms about admitting that they’ve been more miss than hit for the last couple of years. When they first came out I was blown away, but by the 2nd year I played more Premiums with fretsprout than any other guitars in my life with it.

The thing I find most odd about them is that they feel plastic. I’m not sure if it’s the way they’re finished or what, but something about them didn’t feel like I was picking up and feeling a piece of painted wood.

While that sounds extremely negative, I would totally buy and play one without a problem if I found one that played great. You know how back in the 90’s people would say MIM Fenders were generally pretty good but it was still best to play one before buying? Well I’d say the Premiums are a step below that in that you should not take any chances ordering one and I would only buy one if I could play it first.

Good luck! When I saw those come out I had to chuckle because of the obvious Reb vibe. Maybe they’re seeing the prices the Reb’s are fetching and trying to draw in some of that dough.

I think gold frets might freak me out in this one. If I read that correctly
only heard about these recently, so I took a quick look online. Obviously not real gold, just the color tone. supposedly in between standard nickle and SS frets.

"Jescar EVO Gold fretwire is a beautiful gold colored fret wire. It's a proprietary nickel-free hypoallergenic alloy that was originally devised to make eyeglass frames for individuals with nickel allergies. Harder than nickel wire but softer than stainless steel."

It's a tough call I want to buy one and I know I have the 45 days to ship it back I just want to find something that has great quality and something that I will like. I have been looking everywhere on something used but high quality guitars I'm not finding any good prices. I'm also wondering what the single coil tones are like if you can get a strat type sound out of them

Last edited:
The thing I find most odd about them is that they feel plastic. I’m not sure if it’s the way they’re finished or what, but something about them didn’t feel like I was picking up and feeling a piece of painted wood.
Good description, I thing that sums it up for me. When the Jem Woody came out I thought that would be incredible, but sold it about as fast as I could get it gone.

Good description, I thing that sums it up for me. When the Jem Woody came out I thought that would be incredible, but sold it about as fast as I could get it gone.
That is funny I bought one when they came out and the 1 I had I really liked I thought it sounded great and it came set up perfectly. Crazy

I think it's fuckin sexy as fuckin fuck

I've also heard some super hit-or-miss shit about the Premiums though, so ideally you should try to find some in person to try or at least order from a place with a good return policy

I think it's fuckin sexy as fuckin fuck

I've also heard some super hit-or-miss shit about the Premiums though, so ideally you should try to find some in person to try or at least order from a place with a good return policy
👍

Back