VHX Updates

Yet another topic for VHX... Updates could be asked in the numerous existing VHX discussions?

There would be soon a beta whit the following changes already implemented and more to go:

Rotary effect
Dual Delay
New Delays (Digital, Analog, Tape)
New Reverbs (Plate, Room, Hall, Spring)
Reverb and Delay tails with global setting
CC after PC sent fast fix (CC might happen before PC bug)
CC96 PC + 1
CC97 PC - 1
Increase tuner sesibility for clean channel
CC7 Now controls the master volume, can't increase just reduce for better with pedals
CC5 Tap Tempo Delay B
CC37 Toggle Delay B
CC38 Toggle Rotary
CC65 Delay B Level
Pitch Shift POLY replaced with CAPO: Sounds better for transposing distorted tone
All Pitch Shif algo has half latency

Thank you!
Leo

There would be soon a beta whit the following changes already implemented and more to go:

Rotary effect
Dual Delay
New Delays (Digital, Analog, Tape)
New Reverbs (Plate, Room, Hall, Spring)
Reverb and Delay tails with global setting
CC after PC sent fast fix (CC might happen before PC bug)
CC96 PC + 1
CC97 PC - 1
Increase tuner sesibility for clean channel
CC7 Now controls the master volume, can't increase just reduce for better with pedals
CC5 Tap Tempo Delay B
CC37 Toggle Delay B
CC38 Toggle Rotary
CC65 Delay B Level
Pitch Shift POLY replaced with CAPO: Sounds better for transposing distorted tone
All Pitch Shif algo has half latency

Thank you!
Leo
The pitch shift changes are what excites me the most with this. The ability to down tune a half or full step at the push of a button on my Axe-Fx and Kemper became invaluable to me and was a huge selling point for me with the VHX by having that feature built in to a tube amp. But it was fairly lacking when it came to distorted tones and the latency was noticeably higher than the modelers. This, on paper at least, sounds like it should fix all of that.

The pitch shift changes are what excites me the most with this. The ability to down tune a half or full step at the push of a button on my Axe-Fx and Kemper became invaluable to me and was a huge selling point for me with the VHX by having that feature built in to a tube amp. But it was fairly lacking when it came to distorted tones and the latency was noticeably higher than the modelers. This, on paper at least, sounds like it should fix all of that.
In the meantime please use Pedal instead of poly, latency and sound are better for distorted tone than poly, still worse then new algorithm.

Poly algorithm should only be used for clean complex chords, but it looks like it's not of a great use on VHX so the new algorithm would be way more useful!

Thank you!

In the meantime please use Pedal instead of poly, latency and sound are better for distorted tone than poly, still worse then new algorithm.

Poly algorithm should only be used for clean complex chords, but it looks like it's not of a great use on VHX so the new algorithm would be way more useful!

Thank you!
Yes, I have been using pedal. Poly is basically unusable with distortion. Unfortunately even the pedal algorithm is noticeably lacking compared to modelers. It's usable, but barely with the latency so high and a bigger roll off on the top end.

Can't wait for the changes though! I'm not much for pedals, all I own is an OD for my Mesa, so fingers crossed the pitch shift changes bring it up to par with what I'm used to. Either way it sounds like it'll definitely do the job if the latency is cut in half even if the tone side is only a little better.

Love the new voicing. Out of all the additions, that is my favorite new change. Haven't encountered any issues thus far.

Okay. I did something wrong. I downloaded the .bin file (Looks like a zip file). I connected my VHX, mounted the F drive and dragged the .bin into it. Turned it off and then on. Nothing. Everything now reads Empty and lost all my presets 😥. What am I doing wrong?

Okay. I did something wrong. I downloaded the .bin file (Looks like a zip file). I connected my VHX, mounted the F drive and dragged the .bin into it. Turned it off and then on. Nothing. Everything now reads Empty and lost all my presets 😥. What am I doing wrong?
There was a VHX.db file inside, did you delete it by accident maybe?
Inside the zip file there is a bin file, did you rename the zip to bin or extracted the bin from the zip and copied it?

Back