Speaker Recommendations

SFW

So for the past five years I've been playing my 2005 Splawn QuickRod through an EVH 412 with the Celestion EVH Greenbacks. This has been a stellar combination for me. I am in the process of moving to a 212 cab. So the $10,000,000.00 question is does Celestion make a high wattage speaker that sounds remotely close to the Greenbacks? I know that the Creambacks are supposed to be the thing, but after listening to clips... I'm just not sure.

Creamback M65 is supposed to be a high wattage G12M heritage...but it could never have the breakup...
Since you are running a 100W head I think that it's a good alternative...

Reactions: Geo
I will concur on the Scumbacks especially for the British inspired Gan tones.

I seen a guy on TGP that has a pair of M75 LDs. In case Jim isn't up and running

I will concur on the Scumbacks especially for the British inspired Gan tones.

I seen a guy on TGP that has a pair of M75 LDs. In case Jim isn't up and running
I had a cab with M75 LD’s and H75 LD’s and they made for a very dark cab. I’d get the regular ones next time.

I had a cab with M75 LD’s and H75 LD’s and they made for a very dark cab. I’d get the regular ones next time.
Could be. I have M75's and they have plenty of high end. I figured the Splawn has plenty of high end to give as well. I guess it depends on what you're going for.

I had Creamback M-65's for a while , I tired them in a couple of 2X12's they just didn't do it for me.
Scumbacks are in my splawn 2X12 now M75's, I have the M75/J75 combo in my 4X12, I'm undecided what I like better
but they both sound way better to me than the Creambacks did.

So for the past five years I've been playing my 2005 Splawn QuickRod through an EVH 412 with the Celestion EVH Greenbacks. This has been a stellar combination for me. I am in the process of moving to a 212 cab. So the $10,000,000.00 question is does Celestion make a high wattage speaker that sounds remotely close to the Greenbacks? I know that the Creambacks are supposed to be the thing, but after listening to clips... I'm just not sure.
What albums etc. have the tone you want?

Back