Using MacIntosh power

The stereo power amp will have wider frequency response and be way more flat over that wider response. Not really the best thing for guitar, but you can probably sell all that stuff for a fucking killing, Mcintosh stuff is great hifi gear, Japanese collectors will pay stupid money for it, as will tube hifi nuts here in the states.

So I scored a pair of 6l6 loaded 30 watt Macintosh power amps from the 60s. FREE IN A BARN WITH MATCHING PRE AMP RECEIVER.

thinking they'd be pretty cool for power amps but I know nothing about how a stereo power amp sounds in comparison to a guitar Poweramp
Lemme know if you're interested in parting with it. I'm looking to upgrade my stereo pre/power amps.

IMG_20210627_183502_756.jpg

Found an older picture of Mr. Fone whose nickname in the industry was 'Silver Fox'. 👨‍🦳
He'd gone completely grey in his 30s. Big part of Mcintosh's success when he was there.

ron.jpg

Dude was a rock star in the Hi-End world and a fixture both during and after hours at CES shows.
Funny to see him shaking hands. By the time I'd met him he'd given it up completely and bowed
or nodded instead.

Last edited:
Jesus, even if it doesn't work you'll turn a tidy profit to someone interested in restoring it. Major congrats!

Yeah that is a crazy score. I'd find a local tech and have them serviced and flip them if you aren't into HIFI stuff for yourself.

Back