Most coveted small Mesa

The little V:25 is a pretty amazing little beast.
Since getting rid of a very early MK III Xport recently, getting 3 Modified Marshalls and still waiting on a quad cortex, another V25 is on my list (for my 3rd or 4th one) to scratch that Mesa itch.

Since getting rid of a very early MK III Xport recently, getting 3 Modified Marshalls and still waiting on a quad cortex, another V25 is on my list (for my 3rd or 4th one) to scratch that Mesa itch.

I removed the internal fan guard on mine and it really quieted it down.

I removed the internal fan guard on mine and it really quieted it down.
I replaced the internal fan itself with a Nanoxia Deep Silent one (with roughly the same airflow) and that REALLY quieted it down.
And another vote for the Mark V:25.
Ultra-portable, super versatile, great tones.
Way better than the mud-fest that is the Mini Rectifier, IMO.

The V:25 is a pretty amazing little beast.
I had one with rectifier 1x12 but didn't like it. I'm not a fan of el84's. Thinking about giving it another try but running it with my power station and a mesa 1x12 widebody to see if like it.

I had one with rectifier 1x12 but didn't like it. I'm not a fan of el84's. Thinking about giving it another try but running it with my power station and a mesa 1x12 widebody to see if like it.

I didn't like it with a sealed ported Bogner 1x12 cube.
Changed to a half open back larger cab and it made all the difference.

I play more fusion lead than heavy fast rhythm stuff so ymmv.

Normally I’d say the studio preamp with your choice of power amp, but now there the mini mk so why both with a rack. That said, it seems the mini recto is their best lunchbox effort.

That said, it seems the mini recto is their best lunchbox effort.
Respectfully disagree. Mini Recto is more muddy, drive wise, lacks the reverb and is less versatile overall.

The Mini Mark can get plenty heavy, especially with the bigger, bolder sounding Xtreme mode and it doesn't require a boost pedal in front to get tight enough.

@jinch0 I bought mine used with the slanted Mini Recto 1x12 cab, but I felt that cab was lacking as well. A bit nasal and thin sounding.
Nowadays, it sits on a pair of 1x12 EVM loaded older Thiele cabs. Plenty of punch. Could use a bit more 'kerrang' sometimes, so I keep my eye open for a half-open 1x12 with the MC90 Black Shadow speaker.

Attachments

• Mesa Mini stack Thiele.jpg
    Mesa Mini stack Thiele.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 25
Back