PRS players, owners, etc. let’s see pics!

mooncobra

I watched the Neural DSP Nolly vid yesterday. He was playing a PRS modern eagle and a custom 24. He got some great tones out of them. I know the Modern Eagle he was playing has the new BKP True Grit pickups in it.

So, I decided to go by a friends house who is a major PRS collector/player. I thought for sure he would have a Modern Eagle, but sadly, he didn’t. But, he did have a bunch of newer Custom 24s. We plugged some I to the Friedman’s he owns and I have to say, they sounded and played epic. I have never been much of a PrS guy, but these were great.

PRS has upped their game. One of them Had a raw rosewood neck and it rocked very hard. A couple even had ebony fretboards. The older PRS’s I’ve played or owned were nowhere near as good as the 2018 and up Custom 24s I played today. Of course, now I want a Bitchin new PRS.

What do you guys think about the newer PRS models?

Let’s see pics of some of your killer PRS!

Last edited:
Not exactly your typical PRS, but I like it! It's a 2017 S2 color of the month in Jewel Lime Metallic.

tP0BqVx.jpeg

I've had prs models going back to early 90s, for me the biggest attraction is the newer patern series neck carves, so much more comfortable. I've got some older w/f profiles and newer p/r and one " regular. Was from the 1st gen of neck carves.
Own 2 rosewood necks, they really add some ass to the guitars! Almost like a noticeable aggression. Never swapped pickups, always rolled with what's in whatever, always clean up greatly. Just my .02, the frets are fucking soft! Of course I'm a hackenstein but the orange guitar has had 6105 jescar ss installed by the greatest Luthier in the world

Attachments

• 20210801_221934.jpg
    20210801_221934.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 42
  • 20210725_093340.jpg
    20210725_093340.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 45
  • 20210725_093344.jpg
    20210725_093344.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 39
  • 20210801_221657.jpg
    20210801_221657.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 51
View attachment image_96529.png
image_96530.png
image_96528.png

Custom 24. Didn't sell, I assume because it's not designed for typical PRS-folks, so I bought it at a sizeable discount. Swapped the EMGs with a pair of BKP Abraxas, my dream guitar. Sounds and plays great, but not better than a good standard Custom 24. Using it with my Diezel Einstein, sometimes with a Herbert (awesome growl). For me, the holy grail tone still is the PRS through a Mark (IV or V) for that classic Santana-Boogie sound, love it.

View attachment 86843View attachment 86846View attachment 86849

Custom 24. Didn't sell, I assume because it's not designed for typical PRS-folks, so I bought it at a sizeable discount. Swapped the EMGs with a pair of BKP Abraxas, my dream guitar. Sounds and plays great, but not better than a good standard Custom 24. Using it with my Diezel Einstein, sometimes with a Herbert (awesome growl). For me, the holy grail tone still is the PRS through a Mark (IV or V) for that classic Santana-Boogie sound, love it.
Beautiful axe!

How do you guys feel about their nuts? I don't know if the core guitars have the same type, but the nut on my S2 is a black graphite type thing, and it's terrible. Looks cheap, feels cheap, and the strings bind badly. As I do with all my guitars, I'll be making a proper bone nut for it when I get around to it (probably this weekend).

Seems some prs builds of today have the bone nut. Not sure if it's all or just the 594, or ones with out trem systems. I dont know if the self lubricated nut PRS uses has a tonal deficiency compared to others, what I do know is the trem systems on prs are insanely stable. That's one of the biggest features for me , if the nut is part of that I do not know. Never swapped one and always had great fun with the bar. As far as the stop tails I own, I wouldn't mind finding out if a bone nut adds any sustain or tone. I've only have the core builds so I can't speak on nuts on SE or S2, I do know the mann systems/parts are highly regarded when purchasing for replacements.

Back