Does anyone have a Randall FS-5 footswitch? I need some pictures

psychodave

So I'm trying to build a Randall FS-5 footswitch. I did some google searches, but there really isnt anything out there regarding clear pictures. I have the plug, schematic of the plug, but its a little goofy to look at, so I figured a few pics would likely help.

Is that the two button footswitch with the goofy 6 way plug ? I think I have one of those if it is.

Sure do - the red led side is channel selection the green is both channels (why?:))

WP_20210827_002.jpg

If you need more or another angle let me know!

NP - its a weird footswitch to be sure! :)
I ordered some switches the other day and I’ll post and share pictures of my finished product so that others can easily make them. I might try and make one with switches off the plug so you can just flick it to change channels. I have never wanted to use both channels together 😂.

I did use a simple wired jumping plugs 2 and 4, but there was still some bleed through.

Thx for posting.
I may have a question about the 6 prong plug. I get the foot switches tomorrow so I will tinker soon.
I had my original six prong plug replaced about 15 years ago after it failed at a band audition. Yeah, I looked real professional on that one...and as you have correctly surmised...no, I didn't get the gig. Something about I couldn't be heard for the solos (stuck in the clean channel).

Last edited:
Back