Marshall 2203 #36 Mod- Larry schematic....

lespaul6

I like this mod.. I'm hesitant to try this on my handwired 2203 as I don't want to screw up the beautiful soldering work. Wondering if any of the mod guys on this board would consider doing this mod..... and whether or not it would sound the same on a vertical input 2203 with different preamp voltages?

Hey that's my amp! :)

I haven't had the chance to get it back yet but seems like Jason has done a fantastic job.

These horizontal input amps need the preamp voltage reduced in order to sound like a vertical input.
We did that mod on this amp previously and reduced it down.

He talks to this in the video where he modded this amp the first time a couple of months ago

Hey that's my amp! :)

I haven't had the chance to get it back yet but seems like Jason has done a fantastic job.

These horizontal input amps need the preamp voltage reduced in order to sound like a vertical input.
We did that mod on this amp previously and reduced it down.

He talks to this in the video where he modded this amp the first time a couple of months ago
very cool.... it sounds great. Did he tell you if he just modded the preamp and left the power section the same, with the same pre tuned negative feedback JEL set up?

Back