What kind of rock is going through your Splawn?

My Spawn.. I use to fight demons and bad guys with.. LOL (Check your subject line :p )

My Splawn however, pretty much everything.. I am doing covers now days mixed from Classic rock to hard rock.

Today's set list for a charity gig. Kinda all over the map! Shows my Street Rod's versatility:

The Walk A
Dreams
Black Magic Woman C
Ghost in You Bb
Don’t
You Forget E
I Melt With You C
Get What You Give
Who Can it Be Now E
Show Me the Way D
Suit/Out in the Cold B
Jumping Jack Flash B
Power of Love C
Call Me Dm
Fox on the Run B
Rocking Me B
Lips Like Sugar E
Middle of the Road A
Living on a Prayer D

Landslide G
New Year’s Day
Roam E
And She Was E
Ready to Go D
Jump C
Let’s Go Crazy F#
Hold on Loosely E
Stray Cat Strut C
Boogie Oogie Oogie
Busta/Funky E
Venus E
Rock Lobster E
Jessie’s Girl D
I Will Survive Am
Hit Me With E
Rebel Yell B
Roadhouse Blues E

this mornings set list at rehearsal (not in this order) for our gig on the 14th opening for a bon Jovi tribute band.
Boys Are Back in town Thin Lizzy
Adams Apple Aerosmith
Heavy Collective soul
Feel Your Love Tonight Van Halen
Couldn't Stand the Weather SRV
I'll Fall in Love Again Sammy Haggar
Just What I Needed The Cars
Dancing Days Led Zep
Moving On Bad Company
Dirty White Boy Foreigner
One Way Out Allman Brothers
Stone Cold Rainbow
Don’t Do Me Like That Tom Petty
Lay It Down Ratt
Hard To Handle Black Crowes
Heard It on The X ZZ Top
Snorting Whiskey Pat Travers
Toys in the Attic Aerosmith

yes I'm in a "Dad band" LOL
on my own I play a lot Satch, Vinnie Moore, some Yngwie, Dream Theater, Nevermore
I like the Shrapnel guys
lately also a lot of Steely Dan , I've found new level of appreciation for Larry Carlton and Jeff Baxter.
I had forgotten how tasty those guys played.

Last edited:
this mornings set list at rehearsal (not in this order) for our gig on the 14th opening for a bon Jovi tribute band.
Boys Are Back in town Thin Lizzy
Adams Apple Aerosmith
Heavy Collective soul
Feel Your Love Tonight Van Halen
Couldn't Stand the Weather SRV
I'll Fall in Love Again Sammy Haggar
Just What I Needed The Cars
Dancing Days Led Zep
Moving On Bad Company
Dirty White Boy Foreigner
One Way Out Allman Brothers
Stone Cold Rainbow
Don’t Do Me Like That Tom Petty
Lay It Down Ratt
Hard To Handle Black Crowes
Heard It on The X ZZ Top
Snorting Whiskey Pat Travers
Toys in the Attic Aerosmith

yes I'm in a "Dad band" LOL
on my own I play a lot Satch, Vinnie Moore, some Yngwie, Dream Theater, Nevermore
I like the Shrapnel guys
lately also a lot of Steely Dan , I've found new level of appreciation for Larry Carlson and Jeff Baxter.
I had forgotten how tasty those guys played.
Dad band?! That's good stuff there man!

I like versatility too. My Superport 50W delivers.

From Cash to Hall and Oats, Setzer, Chris Isaak, SRV, Satch, VH, Pearl Jam, Lady A, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, BLS, Gojira, Soilwork and Stone Sour. It's pretty to throw a Strat, Les Paul or Charvel at it and come up with the kitchen sink of tones.

Oh and I'm a 50 year old rocker with the same teenage passion for great music.

OK, a testament to the versatility of Splawns... we do VH, Prince, Doors, Bon Jovi, Men at Work, Blondie, Pretenders, Republika, Tom Petty and others...

Now including...

ABBA! Don't you snicker...

Dancing Queen actually sounds pretty freakin' good through my Street Rod's clean channel. :cool:

Last edited:

I'm in an original band. We play hard rock. With that said, my musical tastes are all over the place and I play everything from Billie Holiday to Megadeth...lol!

I can get all my favorite 80's and 90's tones out of it...but my favorite tones are George Lynch, Dann Huff, Steve Vai "Eat 'Em & Smile" Michael Thompson and John Sykes. All these tones are easy to dial in. The only 2 boost/OD's I use nowadays are the Xotic RC Booster and a stock Boss SD-1. My amp is from 2014 and the gain is set anywhere between 09:30 - 11:30, never higher.

tons of classic rock with the band but on my own I'm all over the place , Steely Dan, Satriani, Nevermore, Dream theater, Yngwie, Van Halen, a bunch of hair metal stuff, really besides the Nevermore and Dream theater, all 70's, 80's and 90's "Marshall" tones
I love this amp, always puts a smile on my face

Back