Charvel replacement neck

MYLILSS

Ok so I have a satchel charvel in neon yellow. I hated the neck, so I threw on my warmoth reverse headstock 24-3/4 conversion neck, but it doesn’t fit the heel so I had to shim the sides. That’s started irritating me and I want to build an appropriate 2-1/4” heel neck replacement in Birdseye maple. Who would be the best company to use ? I’d like to keep the heel mount truss adjust btw

The only place I know of that makes the Jackson-Charvel style 2 1/4" heel is Musikraft, but they don´t do those conversion necks as far I can remember.

Reactions: PDC
Warmoth made one for me years ago, not sure they still do it. But real nice quality job.

I think it has got to be way off-menu at Warmoth at this point, if they still do it at all.

Ok so I have a satchel charvel in neon yellow. I hated the neck, so I threw on my warmoth reverse headstock 24-3/4 conversion neck, but it doesn’t fit the heel so I had to shim the sides. That’s started irritating me and I want to build an appropriate 2-1/4” heel neck replacement in Birdseye maple. Who would be the best company to use ? I’d like to keep the heel mount truss adjust btw
Musikraft is the way to go. They have 2 profiles that are Charvel pro mod. The quality have been great on both of my neck. I do recommend though shooting them an email of rolling the edges since my first one was perfect and the second one, ordered the same way was not rolled at all. When asked, they said they left them less rolled because people were complaining. Email and ask them how to order and make sure the edges are “medium” rolled like before they changed.

Warmoth Pau Ferro with birds eye maple fretboard.
12108181_10206479237634050_5929773349219032174_n.jpg

12191588_10206479239354093_6975740951860333168_n.jpg

Musikraft is the way to go. They have 2 profiles that are Charvel pro mod. The quality have been great on both of my neck. I do recommend though shooting them an email of rolling the edges since my first one was perfect and the second one, ordered the same way was not rolled at all. When asked, they said they left them less rolled because people were complaining. Email and ask them how to order and make sure the edges are “medium” rolled like before they changed.
How are the frets from them ? Ready to go, or do they still need some work. They have been on my radar for a while, so they are definitely the front runner.

They’ve always been ready to go.
I ended up going with Parklane guitars. He used to work at musikraft and came well regarded. He uses insanely figured woods and his work looks epic. I decided to give him a shot and will keep y’all posted !! 1-5/8 nut, 2-1/4 charvel heel, master grade roasted Birdseye, stainless frets, heel truss for the satchel body, and a 24-3/4 scale conversion. I’m stoked !!!

How are the frets from them ? Ready to go, or do they still need some work. They have been on my radar for a while, so they are definitely the front runner.
You can pretty much bolt em on and go but they don't really dress the fret ends. I recently used the little microfiber pads from Stewmac on one of mine and the ends look and feel noticeably better.

I ended up going with Parklane guitars. He used to work at musikraft and came well regarded. He uses insanely figured woods and his work looks epic. I decided to give him a shot and will keep y’all posted !! 1-5/8 nut, 2-1/4 charvel heel, master grade roasted Birdseye, stainless frets, heel truss for the satchel body, and a 24-3/4 scale conversion. I’m stoked !!!
And now the wait! I've never heard of Parklane so I'll be interested in this. What is the lead time there? I've got two in the oven at Musikraft and they've been backed up for a long time.

I'm going to find out too....I ended up ordering two necks from Steve at Parklane....a Tele and a Strat, on both I went all in on roasted flame maple, dark rosewood board on the Tele neck, you only live once right ?? haha Anyway, guy has been really easy to deal with, quoted 8 weeks turnaround. I'll say that on paper its a way better deal than either Musikraft or Warmoth for what your getting. As fancy ass as you can order it's still at least $100 less than the other shops mentioned, AND each neck comes with the nut of your choice installed and pre slotted.....I believe its Steve and one, maybe two other guys, all of them were former long time Musikraft employees. Again the final word will be when in hand and delivered but there are some killer examples of his work out there:

Last edited:
I'm going to find out too....I ended up ordering two necks from Steve at Parklane....a Tele and a Strat, on both I went all in on roasted flame maple, dark rosewood board on the Tele neck, you only live once right ?? haha Anyway, guy has been really easy to deal with, quoted 8 weeks turnaround. I'll say that on paper its a way better deal than either Musikraft or Warmoth for what your getting. As fancy ass as you can order it's still at least $100 less than the other shops mentioned, AND each neck comes with the nut of your choice installed and pre slotted.....I believe its Steve and one, maybe two other guys, all of them were former long time Musikraft employees. Again the final word will be when in hand and delivered but there are some killer examples of his work out there:

Nice vids. I am 4 weeks into my wait time. I have a ton of projects going on but this is definitely the one I’m looking most forward to completing.

Back