WTB: ESP MX-220, MX-250 Explorer

Blitzie

Title says it all. I'm looking for my Holy Grail.

I'm in a fortune financial position right now and the time is finally right for me to start kicking the tires on a Hetfield Explorer.

Looking for the white version only. I may entertain a black version for the right deal.

Located at zip code 06492. Would love to do something "local", and I'm willing to drive several hours if need be.

My budget is not limitless but I believe it is enough to snag one.

I realize there are a couple on Reverb right now but I'd like to save the trouble/cost of importing and buy one stateside if I can find it.

Let's do this!

They are not worth the price they are selling for. You could buy a much better guitar(s) for that amount of money IMO.

You might be better off looking for a KL explorer.

Metlupass2":v6f2ugdb said:
They are not worth the price they are selling for. You could buy a much better guitar(s) for that amount of money IMO.

You might be better off looking for a KL explorer.

I feel like I'll never find one of those. I don't believe I ever even seen one for sale.

I'd be more than happy with a KL but seems like a reach.

Good luck. I was lucky enough to snag a used one in Japan a few years ago for dirt cheap. Prices seem to have gone crazy now.

I refused to pay the high price and last year I ordered a edwards from Japan.
Natural mahogany. Live wire pickups(they kinda suck).
It may be a step down from an esp but for a grand new,it’s a great guitar.

Metlupass2":6ixpu1ua said:
You should get FB just for the gear groups. Way more activity than on forums like these.

Maybe not a bad idea. Any good recommendations for pages to follow?

Blitzie":1n96i0wq said:
Metlupass2":1n96i0wq said:
You should get FB just for the gear groups. Way more activity than on forums like these.

Join the “ESP Guitar Fanatics” group on FB, there is a person on there named Yue Ryu and they source high value ESP’s for people, he has helped folks snag MX’s.

I would go for a ex just got one in white killer guitar can be had for way less then the mx and a way better shape then the snake bite

Inearthed":37mzhcst said:
Blitzie":37mzhcst said:
Metlupass2":37mzhcst said:

Join the “ESP Guitar Fanatics” group on FB, there is a person on there named Yue Ryu and they source high value ESP’s for people, he has helped folks snag MX’s.

Thanks for your help. I made a profile and requested to join the group.

I sold that last year.. for way too little. Like $4,700. I think that guy already flipped it for $6k. I have a black one with braz rosewood board and maple neck. Heavy AF but sounds absolutely massive
I've seen it recently on FB and craigslist. I thought it was you.

There is also the EII EX NT's coming out soon. Not exactly what you're looking for but very close. :) In case your search turns up null. Cheers!

There is also the EII EX NT's coming out soon. Not exactly what you're looking for but very close. :) In case your search turns up null. Cheers!

I appreciate the information, thank you! I'm sure I'll be able to find one, just a matter of finding one that won't cost me $10k...

Back