Metallica at the Metro in Chicago tonight!

Oh look Picuntso speaks. Why don’t you take your fake news polititarded BS and crawl back under that rock in the OT.
You’re just another cowardly fake news foreign twat…
Go swill your Soy with your boyfriend III.
Say ’Picasso’ fast 3 times. It sounds, and especially in this case, looks like a Pink Asshole

I'm letting the "dumbassery" slide; peeps will be peeps.

Deleted posts with foul-language name-calling 'though 'cause it was repeated a lot and became a bit much.
But are politics allowed in the main forum?

Because it seems that is the trigger for things to go south. If people are allowed to bait others with political comments, it only devolves from there.

I was there, but I was stuck standing behind some guy who was wearing a huge cowboy hat, that kept yelling "Cucks!" at the stage, so I really couldn't see or hear shit. :D
Now that was funny. :LOL:

Because it seems that is the trigger for things to go south. If people are allowed to bait others with political comments, it only devolves from there.
A comment here or there doesn't constitute a political discussion. It's nearly-impossible to micromanage these sorts of transient references; you see this in most online forums. Only those that're staffed heavily and Hell-bent on sanitisation bother with such things, and even then, one ends up with a community walking on eggshells, a great increase in trigger-reporting and indeed a tendency for folks to hesitate to post when they would otherwise.

Take care, Brother 3. Hope you're well, mate. :thumbsup:

Why do the mods allow this dumbassery here?
I really dig it.
It's outlaw around here.
Can we just take the piss and not get pissed?
A great way to dismantle hierachy's is to
join them and mow them down.
"Oh Lord..protect me from my friends,
I'll take care of my enemies".

("One more time MOTHERF***ER")-RIP Joey.

Hmm... big guy wearing a huge cowboy hat and a little green guy who looks like Yoda.

You two'd make a perfect Vegas act. :LOL:

Exactly. This.

It seems as though Polititards are allowed to do whatever they want, as of late.
The OT? Just a polititarded circle jerk. Since when was this now allowed? And, it was just a matter of time before someone tried to inject that bullshit into the main forum.
Gotta be honest, MM, with your seemingly vested interest in one side of the Political spectrum I don’t know how you can be objective?
Pretty obvious when most of my posts were deleted.
Did I hurt little Picuntso’s feelings?
Aww.

I have no vested interest other than in doing my job, mate; I already explained the criteria by which I judged what to delete in this thread.

Of course, I couldn't help but notice that your posts were the greatest contributors, so I hoped that you'd have seen and understood my explanation (which I didn't have to provide) 'cause I did feel bad for you about that ratio. Nobody likes to have his posts removed. I simply scoured the thread and nuked "C-word" posts in order to sanitise the argy-bargy. FWIMBW, I didn't delete the quotes of your posts, so any effort you put into them wan't totally in-vain 'cause some context will remain.

To reiterate:
It was the "foul-language name-calling" that "became a bit much". Overuse of the "C" word just took things into the gutter IMHO, not something anyone really wants to see in the main RT forum. I don't believe in micro-editing / deleting stray words or whatever, but in this case there was a persistence of targeted language that IMHO rendered what would otherwise have been "fun dumbassery" unpalatable.

Again, I hope you understand mate. I simply did what I felt had to be done; it didn't matter who said it, only what was said and more-importantly, how. Again, the odd "stray" unpalatable comment / use of language here is inevitable, but I was "asked" to do something about the vibe of this thread so I stepped in and took the barest minimum of action so as not to take all the fun out of it.

Take care man. HTH. ;)

I have no vested interest other than in doing my job, mate; I already explained the criteria by which I judged what to delete in this thread.

Of course, I couldn't help but notice that your posts were the greatest contributors, so I hoped that you'd have seen and understood my explanation (which I didn't have to provide) 'cause I did feel bad for you about that ratio. Nobody likes to have his posts removed. I simply scoured the thread and nuked "C-word" posts in order to sanitise the argy-bargy. FWIMBW, I didn't delete the quotes of your posts, so any effort you put into them wan't totally in-vain 'cause some context will remain.

To reiterate:
It was the "foul-language name-calling" that "became a bit much". Overuse of the "C" word just took things into the gutter IMHO, not something anyone really wants to see in the main RT forum. I don't believe in micro-editing / deleting stray words or whatever, but in this case there was a persistence of targeted language that IMHO rendered what would otherwise have been "fun dumbassery" unpalatable.

Again, I hope you understand mate. I simply did what I felt had to be done; it didn't matter who said it, only what was said and more-importantly, how. Again, the odd "stray" unpalatable comment / use of language here is inevitable, but I was "asked" to do something about the vibe of this thread so I stepped in and took the barest minimum of action so as not to take all the fun out of it.

Take care man. HTH. ;)
I have no issue with you, MM; but keep in mind the initial Political post was the reason for any and all responses by me or anyone else.
Again, I have to ask, is this now ok to post in the main forum, or not?

I have no issue with you, MM; but keep in mind the initial Political post was the reason for any and all responses by me or anyone else.
Again, I have to ask, is this now ok to post in the main forum, or not?
I hear ya bro'; good point.

Again, there's bound to be some bleed-through. I keep in-mind that political opinions don't live in OTC; rather, they live in peoples' heads, hence my bleed-through expectation. Whether such matters are discussed in OTC or not will have no bearing therefore on whether or not there's mention of such things here.

The fact that the bait was taken, as it were, didn't have to result in venomous discourse IMHO, which is why I attempted to clean it up a little, after prompting by a member, whilst leaving the general ribbing in-place.

When it comes down to it, my new role here is to try to help foster a fun environment. The times we're living in being what they are, I fully expect peeps to want to talk about current events and whatnot at the drop of a hat. My decisions in cases such as this to sanitise to a degree, if-necessary or requested, rather than holos-bolus nuking of entire conversations, are considered in this light - that fun for all is the overarching, fundamental driver of participation and enjoyment. I firmly believe that at its core, whilst edumacation is an important attractor here, peeps just want to have fun when it comes down to it.

I appreciate your participation and obvious sentiment / caring WRT the forum, brother. Rock on man. :cheers2:

Back