A HUGE band you saw before they broke?

My last few years there I lived in Worth actually, on Southwest Hwy.... but I grew up in Palos and hung out with those Orland guys a lot. And yes, Dan was a really nice guy. Speaking of Loudmouth... Bobby Feddersen was in UZI for a lil while too. :LOL: I guess we chalk up coincidental meeting like this to good reasons not to be a d*ck to people in the music scene. You never know who you'll meet when...
Loudmouth wanted to be a one guitar band, so Dan got the boot. He went on to form Disturbed. I guess he got the last laugh.

Loudmouth wanted to be a one guitar band, so Dan got the boot. He went on to form Disturbed. I guess he got the last laugh.
Interesting, I didn't know that. I thought his only connection to those guys was through their band Vandal before that. Something I should've mentioned but didn't: TJ/Todd started playing guitar the same month as myself and the mutual friend of ours who I met him through (we were around 13).... and I'll tell you this> That dude was FANTASTIC right away. Very advanced from the get-go. It's no surprise he's turned out to be such a phenomenal player, he was gifted from the start.

so at that pointthey still had makeup on....right?
Sorry man I don't remember if they did or not have make up on. I have an update though. When we played that show with them ( which was our first show at the Troubadour) we actually went under the name Deceiver because we thought it sounded more metal than Invaders. (dumb I know) I searched around and found a site that shows all the bookings for Slayer and found the exact show. July 6th 1983. Allie was the headliner. The opening act was SLAYER and then our band. I know it sounds crazy but it's true. We ended up having to change our bands name back to Invaders for good because we were threatened with litigation from another band who said they were using the name Deciever first. It was 38 years ago. Hard to remember all the details of that time period. 😆 🤣 😂 Bob Savage is a member here and was actually in a later version of Invaders after I left with the same Singer and our other guitarist. He can vouch that I'm not making this up. It's a wild story but a true one. Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210926-225425_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210926-225425_Chrome.jpg
    913.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
also did lights at fullerton pub for band john fruciante was in prior to joining chili peppers. it was his last show with the band before peppers—big head monster something??

I was in an Air Forxe school with a guy that played drums in Kix before they were big. I kept thinking how it must have sucked for him when they got really big around 89' but I'm sure there are thousands of musicians that experienced that.

Byzantine were one of our hometown bands. Used to watch them in a lot of bars near Huntington, WV, before Chris Adler from Lamb of God found them and they made it on to Prosthetic Records.

got one more for yah hot off the presses-

3 dear friends from the worship team i played on for almost 20 years in Redlands Ca. just made it into the first round of the Voice last night:

the e. gtr player Neil used to work at Suhr, and he rips! i hope he gets to cut loose on a future show… Rob Gentry and Neil are all like family to me! 🥳🥳🙏🙏🤙🏽

Back