Which modeller should I get for live/PA use only?

Which should I get for direct PA use only in death metal band live?

• Pod Go

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Headrush

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Mooer ge250 or other

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NuX

• Hotone Ampero

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Zoom G6

• Other please explain

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

Metalhex

I'm kinda gassing for a modeler when I think of playing live. (If we even play live, just thinking ahead here and have cash burning a hole in my pocket). Either for my main rig or at least a backup rig. My main points that I'm looking for are,

1. Has to be able to edit and tweak do everything on the actual unit. I dont want to have to need to hook it up to my computer to do anything except for maybe the occasional update.

2. Price, $500 give or take

3. One that is easy to setup and user friendly

Those are my main gripes really. I'm sure they all sound good and passable in a live situation so it doesn't need to sound the absolute best. I've heard many comparisons and they all sound good to my ears. We're talking live mix in a death metal band.

Touch screen not absolutely necessary but would be nice to have.

I just need a clean sound with some reverb and chorus, a crushing high gain sound for my main, then a lead tone with some delay; could be the same amp or a different amp. Simple setup.

This will most likely be a temporary/backup rig as once the Bluguitar Amp X comes out then it's a wrap!!

I'll put a poll with the options I'm looking at, forgive me if I don't the exact model names off hand but you'll get the point

I have the Pod Go and I love it. Sweetwater blew out Helix LT's over the summer for $699, so I jumped on it and use it live now. But I do 4CM for both. Pod Go is great and so easy to use and set up, so when I moved up to the Helix XT it was a breeze.

Love the features of the Headrush, but I thought the Line 6 stuff had better tones. I haven't played any of the others.

From those options, Pod Go. But I would suggest an FM3 if you really only need three patches.
Why an FM3? I don't want to spend that much. Plus it seems they are more expensive now then when they were new, if I remember the price correctly.

I have the Pod Go and I love it. Sweetwater blew out Helix LT's over the summer for $699, so I jumped on it and use it live now. But I do 4CM for both. Pod Go is great and so easy to use and set up, so when I moved up to the Helix XT it was a breeze.

Love the features of the Headrush, but I thought the Line 6 stuff had better tones. I haven't played any of the others.
Thanks!

Why an FM3? I don't want to spend that much. Plus it seems they are more expensive now then when they were new, if I remember the price correctly.
Actually they go up in price when they run out of stock on them I believe they are back in stock and you should be able to get one for around $900 it's a lot of money but they are incredible units. Any tone you want you can get but you do have to take the time to dial it in. There are a ton of presets that you can tweak.

I really dig the Boss GT1000. Ive had all the major modelers, except the newest fractal offerings. The Boss holds its own. But I really only use it as a multi effects unit in 4 cable method with my tube amps. But I did put it through its paces as modeler and could pull some great tone and feel out of it. Also it doesn't have option overload. If you don't all the switching options you can look into the core.

I really dig the Boss GT1000. Ive had all the major modelers, except the newest fractal offerings. The Boss holds its own. But I really only use it as a multi effects unit in 4 cable method with my tube amps. But I did put it through its paces as modeler and could pull some great tone and feel out of it. Also it doesn't have option overload. If you don't all the switching options you can look into the core.
I used to have the GT100 in 4cm. Worked great never had an issue. Maybe I will check out the core then.

A built in tuner is also another thing I'd need.

Yes, but if it's out of budget, it's out of budget.

If you're playing death metal, 99% of the places you play are going to have awful sound systems with incompetent sound guys. You might as well plug a Digitech Metal Master straight into the board, to be honest.
Lol that’s hilarious and I imagine very true

:cool:

Attachments

• pod.jpg
    pod.jpg
    473.7 KB · Views: 18
Back